Author Topic: A walmart "are you serious?" tonight...  (Read 2766 times)

rusirius

A walmart "are you serious?" tonight...
« on: August 29, 2011, 12:27:27 AM »
So our local walmart has ALWAYS carried a couple of display racks of firearms (long guns).  I seen a few months back where apparently many walmarts didn't and it was now being pushed down that all of them would. Apparently it was a local manager decision and was now being mandated.

Tonight I'm in there picking up a few boxes of shotgun shells when I notice the display racks are emptied out.  Just a week or two ago they were stuffed full...  Thought maybe they had sold out as "hurricane preps" or possibly put away as a result of the hurricane (possible looting?  LOL)

But then I notice a large sign (looked like something printed and sent to the stores, not something just done locally) in each of the display cases saying something to the effect of "Ask to see our catalog with a full range of firearm selections available for order..."

"are you serious?"?!?  So I'm guessing that after mandating their sale, some of the managers or whatever must have raised a fuss about the "safety" of their store and corporate must have revised their new mandate to make it catalog ordering???  But now apparently even stores that used to carry a full stock now must do catalog ordering instead...  Not that I've ever bought a firearm from walmart anyway, generally I believe in supporting the local shops as long as the prices aren't ridiculous... But this is just.. I dunno... For some not quite sure of reason, it pisses me off...

czer

Re: A walmart "are you serious?" tonight...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 12:53:01 AM »
Yeah, I saw that too at the Middletown Walmart. The person stocking the ammo did not know anything about it, as he was a temp brought in to help restock. I have been keeping an eye on the Ruger 10/22, waiting for a sale below the $199.99 price. On the other hand, they were well stocked with ammo.

rusirius

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 01:21:54 AM »
yeah, I still haven't figured out their whole ammo thing either... I had to wait like 10 minutes to get someone to open the cabinet so I could buy 2 5-packs of slugs and 1 5-pack of buckshot, AND he had to carry it to the counter and have me pay for it then and there... On the other hand, I picked up a 100-pack of field/target shells which were stacked up beside the cabinet, on an end of the isle, and also across in another section by some of the camo/hunting supplies as well...

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 10:59:11 PM »
fyi. A dover walmart worker told me today that the new walmart in cheswold is supposed to have a large sporting goods section, They will also have guns . I guess time will tell, Their supposed to open in OCT