Author Topic: Weird Call From AG's Office  (Read 3589 times)

MikeF

Weird Call From AG's Office
« on: June 30, 2012, 03:01:09 AM »
Today I got a weird call from the Attorney General's office. 

He said, "I see you put on your application self employed." 

I said, "Yes."

He said, "I can not find a valid business license.  Can you call me back when you can give me your business license number?"

I said, "Sure."

I went to my office and looked at my business license realizing that I forgot to renew it.  I renewed it immediately and called him back with the number.  He tried to pull it up in the system but he said because I just renewed it I will take a little while to process. 

He said, "I will check on it next week and when I see it in the system you'll be good to go."

Kinda weird that they are confirming business licenses, but I guess it makes sense.  Just making sure you are legigt all the way around. 

So...I guess next week when he sees my license number in his computer I'll be "good to go!"  Now from "good to go" till I my CCW gets to my mailbox is anyone's guess.  But at least I know it's coming and the process is pretty much over!

Mike

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
Re: Weird Call From AG's Office
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 05:40:10 AM »
  Not weird,  they are checking everything you stated.   
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 11:38:44 AM »
It might have been his way of having you fix something wrong so that he does not have to deny your request on a technicality. The investigator called my wife and suggested that she chance one of her references.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

MikeF

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 04:51:35 PM »
Well, I'm glad he made the call instead of denying it on a technicality! 

SweetPete

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 12:00:00 AM »
So, where in the process of being finalized is the AG office review? I guess it's a good sign and you know that it's being worked. At least you know it's not lost or just sitting in a box somewhere. Anyone know if the long wait is coming up or already past? Just curious, be cause I got a call a couple weeks ago, too.

KimberXxX

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 04:57:57 PM »
After submitting my application on March 6th I waited exactly 2 months and sent the office a email to see the status of my application and they told me it was sent to the Attorney Generals office on March 16th. I recently followed up with them this past week to see what the status was and they had notified me that it was signed by the judge just a few days ago and should be in my hands this week. This means it sat it the attorney generals office for quite some time. So Unfortuanly I'd say you have a few months ahead of you. If you have no issues with your background, it seems like the average turn around time for New Castle county is around 5 to 6 months. Try sending a email to nancy.catullo@state.de.us. She gave me a contact to email, I can't remember who it was but was very helpful in letting me know the status of my application. Hope this helps and good luck!

MikeF

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »
Mine was submitted on 3/13 and I'm still waiting for it. I figure it can't be too much longer!!