Author Topic: Are the DE CCDW laws about right?  (Read 7655 times)

Treeman

Re: Are the DE CCDW laws about right?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 10:03:53 AM »
Unfortunately, what we are discussing here is the manipulation of law abiding people. I would go out on a limb and say that 100% of criminals who have guns already CC, just not with a permit. Gun laws are not for criminals. Gun laws are a means to get revenue from us. Gun laws are the governments way of keeping us in line. Why would a criminal go into a store and pay $400 or $500 for a new gun when the can get one on the street for $50. And with no background check.
All that being said, keeping guns out of the hands of legal people who shouldn't own them is fine with me, but as long as there is a black market then people will find a way to get them anyway.

Bmel17

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 11:06:22 AM »
Gentlemen, my stance is not that criminals be allowed to carry, but law abiding citizens.  I am saying that even though that guy you know might be a hot head, that doesn't mean he should be denied a right. If this were another right you were stripped of, I would think your opinion would be much different.  Ex- You can't express an opinion or idea unless you have a college education.  Or how about this one, you can't vote unless you own land.  These rights are stripped from you with these notions.  To mean to be denied a permit because of someone else's opinion is even worse because it is an unsubstantiated claim unlike the infringements I described above.  Again I am not saying put guns into the hands of the man convicted of robbery or domestic abuse.  Simply because the person has a temper and you happened to see it one time, does not make you judge, jury and executioner to their rights.  If the person is as bad you think they are, then they shouldn't be free to roam society.  But wait, we can't just imprison you because of an opinion, correct? So why should someone be stripped of their 2A right because of one?

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 11:50:14 AM »
Obleo,
I concur. The key word here is "Responsibility"

The term “responsibility” is completely subjective in this situation.  What is responsible for one is not necessarily responsible for another.  In the wake of Sandy Mayor Bloomberg did not want the National Guard in the city because they have guns.  He doesn’t trust anyone but the police to carry guns in his city in a responsible manner.  Many of us in this forum are like minded and have similar expectations of what being a responsible gun owner means. 

I support Constitutional Carry and I do not trust politicians or bureaucrats to properly interpret my rights in a way that they think is best for everyone else.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County