Author Topic: Amtrak Question  (Read 2167 times)

FarmBoy

Amtrak Question
« on: August 29, 2013, 05:19:04 PM »
Hi have had my permit for 6 months and am still leaning.  The other day i went to Amtrak Station in Wilminton I took my CCW weapon but left it in the truck becasue i had read on Amtrak website that it is governed my the DC laws. I look at there web site and saw that you can check firearms as a passager but the issue of CCW was not address. I called there Amtrak police and was told that CCW was not permited.  Thanks for all your help in this matter and what would you have done in this situration 

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Amtrak Question
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 08:09:35 PM »
I would drive.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 11:51:52 PM »
Dang!  @OGG, there you go again!  Being rational! (odd condition for a liberal).  Amtrak doesn't want our business. When I read the rules, they were so painful that Amtrak travel would a last resort with no nearby destination that would 't try to arrest you on arrival, e.g., DC,  NJ, NYC.  Appears that CCW doesn't mean anything positive.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 12:11:48 AM »
I've mostly given up flying, too.

In my father's declining years, I had to fly to Tulsa for a health scare. On the way back, it took American Airlines 21 hours to deliver me home.
I never flew out there again. My personal best is 19 hours. We might visit my stepmom this fall, and we'll be trying to beat that time.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon