Author Topic: ads for CCW  (Read 3848 times)

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
ads for CCW
« on: November 27, 2013, 01:16:02 PM »
Saw more ads in the NJ today than I ever saw & about 1/2 were for the ladies. Over the years there has been a  very dramatic increase.  I guess this says something about the way our govt is protecting everyone.  But I am glad more people are taking a stand  & learning how to defend themselves.

robberbaron

Re: ads for CCW
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 05:49:50 PM »
I had never considered getting a concealed carry permit until the movie theater shootings in Aurora, CO last year. I decided then that I would never venture into a theater, grocery store, convenience store, etc. without the ability to protect myself. The fact that the shooter specifically targeted that particular theater because they had no guns allowed signs also means that those type of places are off limits for me. The police (and courts) have made it abundantly clear that they are not in the business of providing protection, but instead are there to clean up the mess after it occurs. I have been doing some recent reading about the "Wild West" and it is a misconception that the street were lawless when nearly every one was armed. On the contrary, there was actually much less crime and murder than what we tolerate now. Food for thought.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 06:40:19 PM »
The police (and courts) have made it abundantly clear that they are not in the business of providing protection, but instead are there to clean up the mess after it occurs.

Warren VS. DC
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 09:46:04 PM »
Yet most people out there seem to still believe that the police are there to protect you and that its their job and duty. I've had this conversation with many people who believe this. I calmly ask them to stop and consider when the police show up at a crime scene. Yeah... Afterwards. Police investigate crimes that have already happened! They start to see the light usually at this point but its still only the beginning.

Just got back from Canada and while its much more relaxed up there it was nice to slide my holster on yesterday morning back here in Delaware.

I know 3 women this year on my street who applied for their CCDW. Mostly due to the wife and I asking for references. They had some questions and later I heard they went out and got their permits. There is definitely a growing number of gun toting women out there.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 12:03:09 PM »
Good points all.  Welcome back Adrenolin.  

I have owned and shot all kinds of guns for 40 years but never carried except as a security guard in the mid 70s

Wife was actually more or less anti gun.  But a combination of pointing out the politics if the antis and a few trips to the range changed that when we began dating. 

We began thinking about it after the Arizona shooting.

I had mostly made my mind up but the wife really was on board after Sandy Hook

Many of the ladies getting permits are spouses, but not all

Interesting is how well the ladies do in class and on the range.

I was so proud of my wife!!!  I think a lot of guys go to the training with the idea to just get it over with so I can get my permit, while the ladies really pay attention and have not developed bad habits

The number of females getting CCW must really drive the antis bonkers.  
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

kent

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 06:42:52 PM »
Has anyone taken the UTAH Concealed Carry class in Easton, Md. I see it advertised in The Guide every week.
Does it cover Delaware?
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 06:52:59 PM »
Yes, it covers Delaware. But, NOT for you being you are a Delaware resident.
I took it up here.  Love the online renewal process.!
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 07:20:48 PM »
Yes, it covers Delaware. But, NOT for you being you are a Delaware resident.
I took it up here.  Love the online renewal process.!

If you have DE & PA permits, a UT permit will only add WA, NE, and MN.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.