Author Topic: Current reciprocity?  (Read 7378 times)

Obleo

• Life Member
Current reciprocity?
« on: June 06, 2015, 11:59:08 AM »
The AG's website shows 17 states with reciprocity.  Sig's map shows 24.  Does anyone know the true count and where that can be found?
Proud resident of Kent County DE

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Current reciprocity?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 01:46:33 PM »
This is what I find on the USA Carry web site.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 02:28:44 PM »
I have been viewing this site for years. It is for the most part very up to date. 

www.handgunlaw.us                                   
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 02:33:00 PM »
Isn't sigs map current with the permits he carries?
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 02:33:12 PM »
I would go with the AG's site as they are the one who decides.  You can call a state and ask them if they reciprocate if you have a question.  The AG's site is the "official" list.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 03:11:56 PM »
I have been viewing this site for years. It is for the most part very up to date. 

www.handgunlaw.us                                   

I agree it's always being updated.
According to him, the DE permit is honored by 26 states.
DE has reciprocity with 17.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 03:40:57 PM »

www.handgunlaw.us                                   

I agree it's always being updated.
According to him, the DE permit is honored by 26 states.
DE has reciprocity with 17.

This is the difference.  As an example, I believe VA honors a DE permit, but DE does not have reciprocity with VA.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 10:42:34 PM »
Thanks to all who chimed in on my question.  This was a huge help.  It looks like I need to get to PA for a non-res permit so that I can carry in Wisconsin later this year.  I find it hard to believe that we don't have a recip with Minnesota and Wisconsin but, then again, lots of gunphobes in the process.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

CageFighter

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 02:58:29 AM »
does DE honor non-resident permits?  I am an NJ resident and have one from VA, AZ, UT & FL. 

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 09:04:06 AM »
does DE honor non-resident permits?  I am an NJ resident and have one from VA, AZ, UT & FL. 

Handgunlaw.us says "Delaware Honors Non-Resident Permits/Licenses From the States They Honor."

DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 01:57:04 PM »
Obleo,
I went to Wisconsin in April for 2 weeks. I packed my pistol and a rifle , locked in their cases, in the locked tool box in the bed of my pickup, while traveling through MD and IL. They were unloaded and the ammo was locked in the console of the truck. Just as a precaution I removed all decal referring to guns, ammo, and firearms organizations from my truck before leaving for the trip. I drove 3185 mile round trip and had a great time. No problems. One day my son, grandsons and 1 of their wives went to a range near Eagle Lake and had a "family range day". I think it was called McMiller's gun range. The cost was $17.00 for all day.  All of my family out there open carry when not working. Nobody pays any attention to people open carrying. I carried concealed as I was covered for the whole trip by my DE & PA permits. Except MD & Il.
Have a good time.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 01:16:00 AM »
Obleo,
I went to Wisconsin in April for 2 weeks. I packed my pistol and a rifle , locked in their cases, in the locked tool box in the bed of my pickup, while traveling through MD and IL. They were unloaded and the ammo was locked in the console of the truck. Just as a precaution I removed all decal referring to guns, ammo, and firearms organizations from my truck before leaving for the trip. I drove 3185 mile round trip and had a great time. No problems. One day my son, grandsons and 1 of their wives went to a range near Eagle Lake and had a "family range day". I think it was called McMiller's gun range. The cost was $17.00 for all day.  All of my family out there open carry when not working. Nobody pays any attention to people open carrying. I carried concealed as I was covered for the whole trip by my DE & PA permits. Except MD & Il.
Have a good time.
In Illinois you may carry a loaded and concealed handgun in your vehicle if you have any home state license.  You may not carry outside of your vehicle.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 02:13:58 PM »
I made NO stops in MD or IL on that trip, you can be sure. Made sure I hade gas to get me to a lawful state to stay overnight going to and from WI. Drove from DE. to Zanesville, OH. then to Ft. Atkinson, Wi., and coming back to Zanesville OH. then home to DE.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

ChrisCar

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 03:19:44 PM »
I posted this in another thread, but I think it's relevant here, so that's why I'm repeating it. 

I wanted to advise everyone of a telephone conversation I just had with the A.G.'s office minutes ago.  I was advised that the A.G.'s website is considered the official publication/source of states offering reciprocity.  So we use all the other apps and sites (e.g. LegalHeat, http://www.handgunlaw.us/, etc.) at our own risk. 

That said, for those holding a DE CCDW, it's probably more important to know what states recognize our permit (as opposed to what other states are recognized here DE).  With that in mind, our A.G.'s position is probably less important than those of the state(s) we'll be visiting.   

For example, according to the DE A.G.'s website (http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/criminal/concealedweapons.shtml), we don't have reciprocity with Virginia.  Yet if you check with Virginia's State Police, they do recognize our CCDW even though DE doesn't recognize theirs.  See http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_Reciprocity.shtm

So, in my opinion, all the books/apps/sites are nice and helpful, but if you're traveling across state lines you'd better check the official resources of all the states you'll be traveling through.  To make it even more inconvenient, note that in some states, the websites are not considered official resources for law.

...and this is why we need federal interstate reciprocity (I know, I'm preaching to the choir). 
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member