State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Starbucks changes direction on Open Carry in their shops

<< < (5/5)

Clarence:
I am a 100 percenter too and I agree 100 percent with Moosie and Old Gray

In your face carry is not going to help us.   Open carry certainly has its place and must remain legal as it is our
Natural right and protected by both state and federal constitution

What I am opposed to is the "look at me I have a gun" attitude of some of these activists.

Moosie:
Bmel, I didn't get the sense that you were trying to be dicky.  :)  I don't care if someone agrees with me or disagrees with me. I dont have an opinion to be popular. That being said, I wish more people were willing to discuss their views with others and not make it personal. I can disagree with someone and still be friends / friendly with that person.  If we all thought the same we wouldn't be called humans.. we'd be sheep.  I have found that sometimes as I'm discussing my point of view I learn something.  Something about me, something about my point of view (more facts, a new argument from the opposition, etc) and it usually doesnt make me change my mind, but it does enlighten me in some way. I'm always happy when I have more knowledge.

I'd have the same thought if I knew someone was cc'ing and then bragging about it, or making it known to the world. I am not anti-open carry (for others).  We're at a time in this country where everyone has gun and gun owners on their radar. We all need to be demonstrating responsible, "quiet" gun ownership.  When I say quiet, I do NOT mean sit down, shut up, and let the head a-hole do what he's been doing. You can convey a fantastic message sometimes just by sitting and being quiet.  I think in most cases of today, that's what we need more of. I need to research the number of individuals and locations of just how many pro-OC'ers were being jerks and waving them in the air..  wave 'em like you just dont care (sorry, couldn't resist! LOL).  I would think if there were only a handful of people who showed up and started crap that the company as large as Starbucks wouldn't feel the need to address things. BUT.. before I speak on that, I'll have to do some more fact finding :D

As you stated, just because it's legal doesn't mean we should do it. IMO, we are to be educators to those who have misinformation (thank you all the crack pot media outlets..  "AR-Shotgun"). Not only teach those who are just being ignorant, but also those who have no firearms experience at all.  A conversation is sometimes all that's needed to help someone open their mind a little bit more. 

:)  It's all good, Bmel!

Moosie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version