State News & Gun News > Delaware News

Trying to legalize marijuana... again

(1/5) > >>

Oaklandopen:
HB 2 headed to appropriations committee.  I'm sure it'll end up on carney's desk again,  but there may be a super majority to override his veto since he might just do it again.  Don't know why he's against it

I'm for it,  but there doesn't seem to be a provision for individuals to grow for their own consumption.  The synopsis says it wants to treat it much like alcohol,  but I know ppl who make their own alcohol with no issues.  Looks like the state wants their hand in all of it

MarcWinkman:
A large reason that there is a lot of pushback on fully legalizing marijuana is that the State is going to lose a significant revenue stream from the money that is seized in criminal marijuana cases.  In my experience, when police make an arrest for non-civil violation marijuana, they seize any cash that the defendant has and since they do such a bang up job of explaining the timeframe for contesting the forfeiture of property, the money is deemed forfeited by procedural default (i.e. property owner doesn't file Petition for Return of Seized Property within the 45 days of arrest as dictated by the Court's filing rules).

In any event, I know a lot of the folks that are behind this bill and they have been putting in a lot of effort on this front. 

Oaklandopen:
That's interesting.  Makes sense though they want money from crime more than just reducing crime,  par for the course

TwistedKarma:
So, i believe oil, cookies help pain, less known isues than our current meds,
 Some push back might also be there

Would be nice to see accual numbers from other states
On drug cost reduction

And police seizures

Oaklandopen:
Marijuana really does do better than any synthetic drugs when it comes to pain,  psychiatric issues,  and other accute medical issues.  There's really no need for it to still be against federal law.  States can do as they wish

As far as recreation the verdict is still kind of out on that one since states are kind of going one by one so the length of time needed for studies is all over the place

I do know someone on another site mentioned something about oklahoma legalizing recently. He said property purchases have gone through the roof stove ppl buy to grow.  Then they still end up selling to neighboring states illegal

But the whole drug war is a farce anyway

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version