State News & Gun News > Delaware News

Stolen Ammo Cabela's

(1/3) > >>

Libertarian5:
https://www.fox29.com/news/over-half-million-rounds-of-ammo-go-missing-from-cabelas-christiana-store-officials-say

Can you give these Dems anymore reasons to f-with us. That's a lot of ammo.

SturmRugerSR9:
I'd hate to be that store manager, or ex-store manager. How can you "lose" a 1/2 million rounds of ammo and not report it?

Just Bill:
That explains why the ammo is all now behind counters.  But i would suppose they knew long before this.  And keep in mind the gument said any shoplifting under $1000 was OK.

Oaklandopen:
"It is believed that a large portion of the stolen ammunition was sold to drug dealers and other criminals in Delaware and Pennsylvania."

Half a million rounds in less than a year is over 1,000 a day.  It sounds like either cabelas turned a blind eye to obvious theft from the floor or someone on the inside (employee) was doing this on a regular basis.  How could any business not do anything about loss prevention,  regardless if that means in-house staff stopping someone at the door or not, when they lose 1,000 rounds a day? This doesn't make any sense,  something is fishy

Any business would have taken notice and moved the ammo,  added cameras,  added floor staff,  and been calling police daily. 

I just hope this isn't some catalyst to get delaware to push for an ammo permit to purchase scheme. Why just stop at the gun permit to purchase like they are doing now?

Libertarian5:
Yeah, I am thinking it's an inside job but I am extremely curious what calibers were stolen? Was it mainly 9mm, 380 and .22 or more obscure calibers? Either way this is exactly what the Dems need to go after ammo. Extremely disappointed in Cabela's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version