Author Topic: Illinois Finally Passes CCDW Law  (Read 9025 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Illinois Finally Passes CCDW Law
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 08:56:45 PM »
Here is the link direct from the Illinois State Police.  As a matter of fact right now only non residents can carry as it will be spring by the time the new Illinois permits are issued. The "limited" exemption for non residents in vehicles is in effect now.  

http://www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/ccw-faq.cfm

Click the link to "are out of state ....." And read the paragraph related to the "limited exemption". Print it out and take it with you.  I am sure they know by now but never hurts.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 09:01:24 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 02:55:15 PM »

With your DE CCDW, you can now drive through Illinois without disarming... you just need to leave your gun in the car if you get out.
(On my recent trip, I didn't get out of the car in Illinois).

Bran muffin shortage? :)
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 03:00:39 PM »
Here is the link direct from the Illinois State Police.  As a matter of fact right now only non residents can carry as it will be spring by the time the new Illinois permits are issued. The "limited" exemption for non residents in vehicles is in effect now.  

http://www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/ccw-faq.cfm

Click the link to "are out of state ....." And read the paragraph related to the "limited exemption". Print it out and take it with you.  I am sure they know by now but never hurts.

"carry within vehicle" only.  No reciprocity for carry outside of vehicle.  Good info. Thanks, Clarence.
Out of state residents are granted a limited exception to lawfully carry a concealed firearm within a vehicle if they are eligible to carry a firearm in public under the laws of their state or territory of residence and are not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under federal law. This rule became effective immediately.
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 04:03:36 PM »
OGG,
I have read the Illinois law and it pretty well also is near the same as the Federal transport law. I have one question.........
Why would anyone want stop and get out of their car in Illinois?  Good way to catch a bad case or Rohm Emmanuelitis.

Living in Kent County and being from MD in my youth (many years ago) in go across the Ches. Bay Bridge and out Rt 70 to Rt 68 thru W. Va. and pick Rt 70 back up later. No real big cities except Indiannapolis. On to Wisconsin , have never stopped in Illinois yet. Don't intend to either.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 09:59:04 PM »
The old Illinois law was like the federal FOPA but the new law allows loaded Concealed in vehicle if you are permitted same in your home state.  Appears that Vermont and other Constitutional Carry states are good as well.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 03:59:08 AM »
Great news!  IL allows non-resident permits when qualifications are essentially similar to IL, a list which currently only includes HI.  But you must have a permit in your own state.  Oops, HI almost never issues a permit.  Anyone detect a "slow roll"?  Oh, and the cost is a mere $300 which makes the permit about as valuable as a used bran muffin.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:21:03 AM by Cbmarine »
New Castle County

mrjam2jab

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 03:22:56 PM »
Great news!  IL allows non-resident permits when qualifications are essentially similar to IL, a list which currently only includes HI.  But you must have a permit in your own state.  Oops, HI almost never issues a permit.  Anyone detect a "slow roll"?  Oh, and the cost is a mere $300 which makes the permit about as valuable as a used bran muffin.

$300 + the cost of any training you may need to bring your current training up to their "standards".
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.