Author Topic: Wait time in NCC  (Read 8447 times)

Beretta92

Wait time in NCC
« on: February 05, 2013, 07:25:51 PM »
I applied for a Concealed Carry permit in NCC, De. and Florida on November 2, 2012. I just received the Florida permit. Is the Florida permit valid if I do not have my Delaware permit? Does Delaware contact your references? Will I be contacted by anyone or will I just receive the permit in the mail if there are no issues? Thanks for the help!

JOET

• Life Member
Re: Wait time in NCC
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 07:39:44 PM »
When I applied for my DECCW I also applied (at the same time) a FL and a AZ permit. I recieved both FL and AZ first.

De law sez  that as a Delaware resident, any other state's permit is not valid unless you have a DECCW. I am sure someone will post the exact

verbage, but that kinda summons it up. It took 9 weeks to get the DECCW. It will come.
New Castle County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 07:46:25 PM »
You want the EXACT code????

(j) Notwithstanding any other provision of this Code to the contrary, the State of Delaware shall give full faith and credit and shall otherwise honor and give full force and effect to all licenses/permits issued to the citizens of other states where those issuing states also give full faith and credit and otherwise honor the licenses issued by the State of Delaware pursuant to this section and where those licenses/permits are issued by authority pursuant to state law and which afford a reasonably similar degree of protection as is provided by licensure in Delaware. For the purpose of this subsection "reasonably similar" does not preclude alternative or differing provisions nor a different source and process by which eligibility is determined. Notwithstanding the forgoing, if there is evidence of a pattern of issuing licenses/permits to convicted felons in another state, the Attorney General shall not include that state under the exception contained in this subsection even if the law of that state is determined to be "reasonably similar." The Attorney General shall communicate the provisions of this section to the Attorneys General of the several states and shall determine those states whose licensing/permit systems qualify for recognition under this section. The Attorney General shall publish on January 15th of each year a list of all States which have qualified for reciprocity under this subsection. Such list shall be valid for one year and any removal of a State from the list shall not occur without 1 year's notice of such impending removal. Such list shall be made readily available to all State and local law-enforcement agencies within the State as well as to all then-current holders of licenses issued by the State of Delaware pursuant to this Section.

Linky  http://delcode.delaware.gov/title11/c005/sc07/index.shtml#1441
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:49:00 PM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 12:42:42 AM »
Ie.. If your a resident of DE those FL and AZ are good in all the other states they are good for except for Delaware. Sorry but you need a DE permit if you live here.

ducati900

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 01:09:18 AM »
I applied for mine late November in 2011 and I got my Delaware permit in April of 2012 so a little over 5 months

Beretta92

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 03:06:06 AM »
I am a Delaware resident, I travel in Pa. frequently. I want to be sure that I can be legal with my non resident Florida permit with out yet having my Delaware permit. I am new at CC, I appreciate the help. Thanks

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 03:17:46 AM »
Go up to PA and apply for your PA permit. Used to be able to walk in and get it but I hear they are now making people make a 2nd trip. Don't remember the reason but I'm sure someone here will tell you.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 02:23:42 AM »
NCC is working on the December CCDW applications now.  Don't know how long it takes for them to approve once they commence working on the app.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Beretta92

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 12:39:14 PM »
I delivered my application to the NCC court house on November 2. I am almost 3 1/2 months. I have not been contacted and none of my references have been contacted.

Anyone have a similar time frame? Anyone receive a NCC permit recently? How long did it take? Thanks!

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 04:23:56 PM »
Beretta, it took me 17 weeks both times in NCC. Heard nothing until it arrived in my mailbox.
New Castle County

Beretta92

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 08:01:29 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I have heard from others that it is a 4 - 5 month wait because of the number of people that are applying for the CCW permit.

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 08:21:25 PM »
Last November 9 weeks NCC
New Castle County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 09:47:49 PM »
I'm planning to take the training course after approval.  How long does it take NCC to issue the permit after course cert is mailed in?
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

hellyes

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 04:38:26 PM »
I just turned in my application on Friday. The lady at the counter told me it would be no less than 4-5 months. Hopefully today's events don't slow things down even further.

Beretta92

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 04:53:07 PM »
Today's USA Today ( can be viewed at the USA Today web site) has an article about CCW permits in Florida. Florida law requires that CCW permits must be issued within 90 days. They have hired temp. staff and approved over time to meet the 90 day requirement. That is about what it took for my non resident Florida permit that I submitted in early November 2012.