Author Topic: Just wanted to say HI.......waiting on my permit.  (Read 5662 times)

Branman

Just wanted to say HI.......waiting on my permit.
« on: February 18, 2013, 06:36:59 PM »
Hello everyone, I just registered for the site as Im hoping to have my permit in my hands maybe by the end of the month if im lucky. I have been getting real anxious as its been a little over 3 months. I applied in NCC in november. I have been just browsing around for the past couple months soaking up all the great info on here. I know this is a huge responsibility and I do not take this lightly. It feels great to have a place to turn to with questions and help. I learned alot while taking the class but its nice to have a community to talk to. So anyway Im impatiently waiting on my permit to arrive. So far no references have been called and I have not received a letter saying it was approved. I hope there isnt an issue and it will just arrive magically lol. I will use this thread to announce the arrival date of my permit for others to compare to. BTW my carry pistol will be a SIG p938 extreme. I have plenty of rounds down range with the pistol and love it. I tried a few others in the same size/caliber and was really impressed with the sig.   Thanks Brandon

glockblocker

Re: Just wanted to say HI.......waiting on my permit.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 07:14:49 PM »
Congrats and from what I hear from when I turned in my app, the woman in the prothonatary office said they don't send letters anymore to say you are approved, but if there was an issue they would have contacted you!!  Again I am waiting as well!!

Branman

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 08:01:11 PM »
Congrats and from what I hear from when I turned in my app, the woman in the prothonatary office said they don't send letters anymore to say you are approved, but if there was an issue they would have contacted you!!  Again I am waiting as well!!

Well thats great info to hear actually I appreciate that.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 09:24:52 PM »
Welcome Branman. I'm a big Sig fan as well, and have owned a P226 since 1985, and more recently a P232. Hopefullyy the permit will come soon.
New Castle County

Branman

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 09:48:24 PM »
Welcome Branman. I'm a big Sig fan as well, and have owned a P226 since 1985, and more recently a P232. Hopefullyy the permit will come soon.

;D    Love my p226! I have only owned it for about 6 months but it is an amazing handgun and love shooting it.

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 01:26:58 AM »
Welcome,  there's a few of us patiently waiting.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 03:56:58 PM »
I guarantee it will be worth the wait. I remember when I got mine, it was better than Christmas morning. I couldn't wait to get back into the house with it, and to strap on my new conceal carry IWB holster, and my 9MM. I now carry 24/7. I had been carrying open getting use to the weight and feeling, which only comes with time.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 06:24:02 PM »
I am ready to take my application to the office. A big question I have is what to put down for "reason" I was hoping that "personal protection was enough" but I get the feeling that you need more detail. Any suggestion or help would be appreciated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Branman

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 08:41:42 PM »
I am ready to take my application to the office. A big question I have is what to put down for "reason" I was hoping that "personal protection was enough" but I get the feeling that you need more detail. Any suggestion or help would be appreciated.

I put down to "protect myself and my family"

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 10:51:27 PM »
You might want to include that Delaware has a very high crime rate per capita, has been running between 4-8 out of 50 for years. Little Delaware right up there with the big boys like NY, and Chicago.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Beans762

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 04:00:57 PM »
I submitted my application package (NCCo) on 14 Nov, and I received my permit on Friday, 1 March. I am carrying a CZ 75 P-07 Duty in 9mm (tougher to spell than to carry it concealed!) because it is light, very comfortable in my hand, and I didn't want to carry what everyone else was carrying.
In my app, I put "to protect myself, my family, and my property," and advised my references of the same.
Having the right to carry is amazing...and so American!
Semper Fi,
Beans

B W Boyd
Wilmington

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 07:27:44 PM »
The mail had good news today. The was an envelope with 2 CCDW permits, one for me and one for the wife.
Both of us grinned at each other.

Filed March 17, approved May 14 mailed May 20, received today May 21.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County