Author Topic: Received Pennsy permit today...  (Read 3614 times)

calee13

Received Pennsy permit today...
« on: April 30, 2013, 03:25:15 PM »
I applied for a Pennsy non-resident permit on 3/13, permit was approved on 4/26, the approval letter was received in the mail on 4/29. Total time for application/approval 7 weeks/42 days. This is the norm for Delaware County, suggest you try another county if you're in a hurry.  8)

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Received Pennsy permit today...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 03:36:17 PM »
Congrats on finally receiving it.  I think mine too a total of 10 days from the date I mailed things off to the date of receiving it in the mail.  That was back in I think 2009. 

I'm sure they are also feeling the hurt with everyone wanting to try and get their permits before someone else tries to introduce ridiculous legislation that will eliminate it or make it more difficult.

Thanks for the heads up.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 08:16:11 PM »
Delaware County took me four weeks in 2010. Also you have to drop off app and pick up license in person, if I remember correctly.
New Castle County

calee13

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 11:01:58 PM »
You're correct on the dropoff/pickup Lumspond. With the Florida permit becoming invalid in Pennsylvania for non Florida residents after 6/2013, there are a lot of folks applying for Pa.

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 05:45:24 PM »
You're correct on the dropoff/pickup Lumspond. With the Florida permit becoming invalid in Pennsylvania for non Florida residents after 6/2013, there are a lot of folks applying for Pa.

When I first was trying to find out if they were making the Pa law on non-resident permits like Delaware ( ex if you live in delaware you have to have a delaware permit, but if you live in PA you can carry with a FL-non res) and the guy was telling me that the June deadline was just a grace period for PA residents.

It sounds like I was misinformed,
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

calee13

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 01:26:29 AM »

When I first was trying to find out if they were making the Pa law on non-resident permits like Delaware ( ex if you live in delaware you have to have a delaware permit, but if you live in PA you can carry with a FL-non res) and the guy was telling me that the June deadline was just a grace period for PA residents.

It sounds like I was misinformed,
[/quote]

As I understand it Silverbullet Pennsy has mandated that starting in June the use of Florida permits in Pa. will be limited to Florida residents only. This comes about to stop Pennsy residents from using Florida to carry, of course they fixed the problem @@@ backwards, and now all Florida non-residents will be paying the price. This was the brainstorm of Pennsy's new Att. General.

402carry

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 06:17:16 PM »
for my own clarification:  i have heard differentthings.  from what i make of what i read, a FL permit held by a DE resident is no longer accepted in PA. we have to get a PA out of state permit.  is this correct?
NRA Member
NCC
DE CCDW Permit
FL CCDW Permit
PA CCDW Permit

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 06:35:45 PM »
Yup that's correct