Author Topic: Az permit  (Read 7044 times)

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Az permit
« on: February 25, 2011, 01:56:46 AM »
I was checking reciprical with different states and found that an Az permit covers everything that De and Pa does " and more". I also found out your de permit is enough for you to get Az . I have my Pa and prob will always keep it but thought it was interesting to find I dont need it. But I have a question. Az only offers 1 permit no " in-state and out of state permit"  So when you travel through a state like Sc how would that work? Sc honors Az but im not a resident of Az although it wouldnt be an out of state permit. I guess if they check your DL they would know that.   :-\

mrjam2jab

Re: Az permit
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 02:47:49 AM »
The AZ permit does not have your address on it, so yes it would fall on the address that is on your drivers license. 
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 12:50:54 PM »
Muleman,

I'm going to assume something....  You are a DE resident.  If so your AZ permit will NOT cover you in SC.

Residents of reciprocal states who hold permits issued by their states of residence may carry concealed firearms in South Carolina, but must abide by the restrictions in the South Carolina CWP law. For that reason, out of state residents of reciprocal states should familiarize themselves with restricted carry locations and other provisions of South Carolina law posted on this website. South Carolina permittees who carry firearms in reciprocal states are likewise responsible for familiarizing themselves with the applicable laws and regulations of the reciprocal state. Web sites of those states may be accessed by selecting the desired state name listed above.

SOURCE: http://www.sled.sc.gov/Reciprocity1.aspx?MenuID=CWP

NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 09:31:34 PM »
What if im not driving and dont have my drivers lic  ;D. just kiddin! Im not a big fan of Md or Sc at this point.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 01:48:19 PM »
I did not know if you may have been planning a trip to FL and thinking you could carry from VA on.

Did not want you to possibly become todays newest felon, that's all.

The way I read (and understood) the post if you obtained AZ, you could carry in SC.
Just wanted to point out SC has the residency issue.

Also, some states you MUST notify the officer immediately you are armed.
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 05:26:33 PM »
I did not know if you may have been planning a trip to FL and thinking you could carry from VA on.

Did not want you to possibly become todays newest felon, that's all.

The way I read (and understood) the post if you obtained AZ, you could carry in SC.
Just wanted to point out SC has the residency issue.

Also, some states you MUST notify the officer immediately you are armed.
/quote]I am planning a trip to FL. I dont want to end up in SC detention. Thanks! Az does cover alot of states. I think I will send in the app anyhow.   

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 09:14:56 PM »
Read up on what states you MUST notify an officer if pulled over.  That could "delay" your trip too.  ;)

mrjam2jab

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 10:01:33 PM »
The 10 "must notify" states:

AK, AR, LA, MI, NC, NE, OH, OK, SC, TX

Driving thru SC you may have the gun in a closed glove box or console.

SECTION 16-23-20. Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions.

It is unlawful for anyone to carry about the person any handgun, whether concealed or not, except as follows, unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law:

...snip...

(9) a person in a vehicle if the handgun is:

(a) secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver's license, registration, or proof of insurance; or

(b) concealed on or about his person, and he has a valid concealed weapons permit pursuant to the provisions of Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23;

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 11:32:35 PM »
OK. For the folks with their Az permit. They said my De ccdw was good enough for Az"s training so my question is did you just send in a copy of your De  permit with the app? Their app dosen"t have very clear directions. Im assuming so but I would like to hear from someone that has theirs. 

mrjam2jab

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 04:39:48 PM »
OK. For the folks with their Az permit. They said my De ccdw was good enough for Az"s training so my question is did you just send in a copy of your De  permit with the app? Their app dosen"t have very clear directions. Im assuming so but I would like to hear from someone that has theirs. 

Yes a copy of your DE permit will suffice for the training requirement.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 08:40:08 PM »
Thanks!

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 12:19:30 AM »
Ok! I sent off Az app today. Im not sure of their turn around time but Ill let you know when it shows up.

mrjam2jab

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 03:30:30 AM »
Ok! I sent off Az app today. Im not sure of their turn around time but Ill let you know when it shows up.

I got mine 2 weeks to the day.   ;D

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 11:07:12 PM »
WOW! I sent it off 3-4 and recieved it 3-14. Thats pretty good service. It also looks way more official than any of the others .

Grunt4Life

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 09:40:11 PM »
Just sent in for mine on the 4/12.
Sean

Grunt4Life
"Semper Fi"

Lest I keep my complacent way, I must remember somewhere out there a person died for me today, As long as there must be war, I ask and I must answer was I worth dying for today?"
- Eleanor Roosevelt.