Poll

How often if at all do you carry a backup weapon?

never
sometimes...less than 50%
most of the time...more than 50%
always
dont leave home without atleast 2 guns on me

Author Topic: Do you carry a back up gun  (Read 2933 times)

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Do you carry a back up gun
« on: April 27, 2011, 04:00:42 PM »
Just curious how many of us carry a back up and how often. I myself dont but every once in awhile I wonder if I should.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Schmenge

Re: Do you carry a back up gun
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 05:20:51 PM »
Once in a while I have a Beretta .32 on my ankle as a back up.
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 12:38:49 PM »
I carry a Glock. I trust it enough that I don't carry a back-up.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

colt0208

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 02:10:08 PM »
I carry a Glock. I trust it enough that I don't carry a back-up.

^
This...... ;D ;D

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 11:59:19 PM »
I didn't see the catagory for "I'd like too, but can't afford one yet". I was looking at a pocket .380- prolly the Karh, but then Ruger came out with the LC9- I'm still checking that out- I like the idea of using the same caliber in both guns. Maybe in the Fall- I could carry my G19 on my hip and the G26 on the ankle or maybe in a belly band- but I think I'd like the 26 and a smaller back-up- maybe even a revolver. Ahh, so many choices and not enough fundage! ...if wishes were pistols...  :D
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 12:32:28 AM »
I didn't see the catagory for "I'd like too, but can't afford one yet". I was looking at a pocket .380- prolly the Karh, but then Ruger came out with the LC9- I'm still checking that out- I like the idea of using the same caliber in both guns. Maybe in the Fall- I could carry my G19 on my hip and the G26 on the ankle or maybe in a belly band- but I think I'd like the 26 and a smaller back-up- maybe even a revolver. Ahh, so many choices and not enough fundage! ...if wishes were pistols...  :D

During the week, when I'm in Business Casual mode and my wife is working in the NJSSR, I get to carry her 11.4-ounce SW 340PD. A Smith & Wesson revolver is the only gun I would describe as "even more dependable than a properly maintained Glock." The 340PD is actually the most expensive gun in the house, and it was my wife's Christmas present... but, in this economy, working in New Jersey is better than not working at all, so I benefit from her scandium-titanium "jewelry."
Before Christmas, I carried our SW 642 at work. Slightly more weight, slightly less power, but it fit in my pocket all the same.

On weekends and my rare days off, I wear one of my 10mm Glocks... usually a G29 in a Safepacker holster with a spare magazine. I've fired thousands of rounds of full-power 10mm out of my Glocks without the slightest malfunction, so I'm unable to convince myself that I need a backup gun. If I can't get out of trouble with 21 rounds of 10mm hollow point, I've stumbled into Die Hard 5 and I'm about to die hard.

If I were carrying either of the two Ruger .45's I bought before I discovered 10mm Glocks, I would almost certainly carry a BUG. Those things would screw up once or twice on each trip to the range. The Glocks... don't.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:36:24 AM by oldgraygeek »
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon