Author Topic: Out of State New Jersey or Maryland  (Read 6615 times)

Matt826

Out of State New Jersey or Maryland
« on: November 11, 2013, 12:42:35 PM »
Hello all, I was curious if anyone has attempted to obtain the out state permit for either states? I know its very involved but I'm curious. Thanks.
New Castle County

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Out of State New Jersey or Maryland
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 04:41:21 PM »
Wow. That is a tall order.   
Both states have Forums that discuss this.  Here is what I can glean:

Maryland: You would need to show that you have been the victim of an attack and also show why you need to have this in Maryland.  There had been a Federal court decision that would have at least permitted Maryland residents to get a permit for self defense but this was overturned and the Supreme Court refuse  to review. 
Absent a prior attack on your person with an ongoing threat and direct ties to Maryland, your chances are nil.

New Jersey:   Worse than Maryland.  Even with a documents attack you will most assuredly be denied.  Even people who have been able to get job related permits like armored car guards are restricted to when they are actually working.  Verdict: no chance unless your uncle is the judge
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Matt826

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 04:56:22 PM »
Yea thats what i have read to. Suck to actually live in both of those states. Im just glad we live in a state with better laws.
New Castle County

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 08:08:04 PM »
Well we are certainly better off than those two states, but folks in most other states would say that our laws are horrible.

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 08:57:21 PM »
Well maybe horrible is a little strong.  We must really stand our guard though .,,..and not give an inch.
Guns and Ammo rating was just sloppy journalism.  Not much research was done.  I looked it over and found a slew of other errors besides the Delaware blunder
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 08:59:55 PM by Clarence »

ESPMan

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 12:33:54 AM »
I have a friend who lives in Maryland. was robbed at knife point, terrorized and beaten, and STILL can't get a carry permit. Nice to know the government has your back. Not to mention Maryland does not offer reciprocity with any other state.
The greatest threat to any society is its ignorance and inaction towards the evil that dwells within it.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 02:33:30 AM »
It will take a new cycle of state politicians for any change in those two states.
What I don't like is a travel through MD on VA many times and have to do the trunk routine when I pass through.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Matt826

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 10:45:47 AM »
Yea traveling does suck. At least we are still good in Virginia till Jan.
New Castle County

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 11:18:36 AM »
Virginia is covered by PA non resident license.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 11:49:08 AM »
In Maryland you have a chance to get a carry permit...Business owner that carries cash and the like...probably will be restricted to working hours but possible to get..

New Jersey forget it.....

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 02:32:06 PM »
Matt826,
The reciprocity with Virginia runs out on Dec. 7th, but luckily if you have a PA. Non-resident CCW you are still covered.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Matt826

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 02:36:45 PM »
Yea I do have my Pa one. I was just referring to others that dont.
New Castle County

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 11:00:52 PM »
I still think if judges could be civilly sued for denying a permit they might rethink it or at least have to have a good cause to deny it.

I don't get a lot of those states like Jersey and MD, They both pass very progressive laws yet seem to have an issue with the second amendment. It almost seems like the only amendment any of them know is the 14th?????

The Supreme court refusing to take it makes me sick. I would love to see come of those candy a## judges in the hood in Baltimore without a gun or any bodyguards and then tell me how we don't need gun.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 11:32:42 PM »
Don't understand how states like New Jersey have "progressive" laws.  Seems to me the politicians have a real fear that people need to be controlled. There seems to be a real fear of what might happen if people have the freedom be responsible of their own actions

While people like this exist everywhere, they are in the majority in these states.  

A couple of years ago there was a debate about allowing self service gas in New Jersey and on a call in show, caller after caller spoke of the fear of fires, terrorists and general dread at the possibility of people pumping their own gas.  

These are the same wussies, scared of their own shadows who fear "wild west" and "ok corral" will break out at every intersection and parking lot if concealed carry is allowed.  

This is not "progressive" it is a sick, dependent mentality that seems to be predominat in these states.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 02:44:39 AM by Clarence »

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 02:44:50 AM »
By progressive I meant liberal.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"