Author Topic: Delaware CCW not honored anywhere around DE  (Read 9770 times)

rchmol5

Delaware CCW not honored anywhere around DE
« on: December 09, 2013, 08:27:46 PM »
Hey guy,

Been a little bit since I posted anything but I've been thinKing about this all weekend.
My father pasted away this week and he lived in NYC, and I pretty much know what
States honor a DE CCW but really looking at the maps most my family lives in NY and CT
But this permit isn't honored Pretty much any where up north,  nevermind surrounding states like
Maryland which if u live in DE u could be in about 15 min from any part of the state. I guess my question is
Anybody know of any non resident permits that have a little more coverage than the state u live in?
Spending 3 days in East Harlem kinda makes me wonder why the politicians up there wouldnt want people the protect themselves.

Re: Delaware CCW not honored anywhere around DE
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 09:21:38 PM »
Hey guy,

Been a little bit since I posted anything but I've been thinKing about this all weekend.
My father pasted away this week and he lived in NYC, and I pretty much know what
States honor a DE CCW but really looking at the maps most my family lives in NY and CT
But this permit isn't honored Pretty much any where up north,  nevermind surrounding states like
Maryland which if u live in DE u could be in about 15 min from any part of the state. I guess my question is
Anybody know of any non resident permits that have a little more coverage than the state u live in?
Spending 3 days in East Harlem kinda makes me wonder why the politicians up there wouldnt want people the protect themselves.

Most of them have not spend time there. I am sure if the liberals had to spend time without security and unarmed in "da hood" they would rethink many of their positions.

Also sorry to hear about your father. I lost mine in 2005 and still miss him like crazy and last year i lost mom.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 01:55:34 AM by silverbullet »
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Bullpup

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 12:56:06 AM »
Sorry to hear about your father. 

This map is a pretty accurate resource for States that accept your DE CCDW:
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Getting your PA permit will give you an additional handful of States in which you can carry, but not NY.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 12:59:07 AM »
I have family in both ends of Massachusetts, so I've driven up there quite a few times since I got my CCDW... there's no feasible hope for NY or CT.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 02:01:42 AM »
I have family in both ends of Massachusetts, so I've driven up there quite a few times since I got my CCDW... there's no feasible hope for NY or CT.

There is hope. Patriotism in the electorate could happen.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 02:23:51 AM »
Connecticut is the only state in that area that you can get.  It does not honor other  states but if you have completed your training and have a permit from any other state you can get a "Connecticut License to carry Pistols and Revolvers" by mail. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 08:53:48 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 03:35:23 PM »
Delaware has reciprocity with 17 other states. It was 18, but virginia was revoked 12/7/13. If you go to the Sheriffs office in Lancaster Pa. you can for $20.00 and about 20-30 minutes of your time, and showing your De. drivers license and DECCW. After getting the Pa. permit you will be permitted to carry in 29 states, including Virginia. As far as Maryland and New Jersey, I think you can forget that, it's not going to happen unless the people elect Republican Gov. and Legislature. Even here in Delaware Our Gov. and Legislature, (Democrat Majority) are trying their best to eliminate as many guns as possible, so only the criminals will have guns.
There are Federal Laws covering transporting guns through States while traveling. Good idea to look them up and print a copy to carry with you when on the road. Recommend:  http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/articles/2010/guide-to-the-interstate-transportation.aspx
Check it for updates before traveling.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 04:00:26 PM »
Delaware has reciprocity with 17 other states. It was 18, but virginia was revoked 12/7/13. If you go to the Sheriffs office in Lancaster Pa. you can for $20.00 and about 20-30 minutes of your time, and showing your De. drivers license and DECCW. After getting the Pa. permit you will be permitted to carry in 29 states, including Virginia. ...
DE honors 17 states but, according to the CCW app and a rough count from handgunlaw.us, 28 states honor DE.  With DE and PA together, you can carry in 34 states.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Siludni

• Old-school citizen, Navy Vet, NRA Life, DSSA
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 08:47:36 PM »
VintageZ,
      It is my understanding that New Hampshire will honor only a PA Resident LTCF and NOT the Non-Resident ones.
You may want to look into this.  There are several other states which do not honor Non-Res permits.
       Regards!
"How strange is youth! You are not ashamed to be a fool, but are ashamed to admit having been one, when admitting it will make you a wise man again!"
                                                                                        Daniel Defoe

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 10:34:48 PM »
.....and print everything and bring it with you.
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 11:26:31 PM »
I keep a file folder containing the regulations from various states that I would go through when I go to Wisconsin, including Illinois.
I just take it with me when I go. Even as Boy Scouts we were told to "be prepared".

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

kent

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 05:32:42 PM »

Getting your PA permit will give you an additional handful of States in which you can carry, but not NY.
The usacarry.com map needs to be updated...it says that Virginia honors Delaware reciprocity.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 07:36:48 PM »
While these helpful sites are great we still need to check the official state site before we set out traveling for any changes. The excuse that "usacarry.com said it was ok but wasn't updated" to the judge isn't gonna fly. Now if something changed recently and you can confirm the state site hadn't been updated but that you did check it before leaving that's a much better defense as their posted regulations should be updated fairly quickly.

Years ago I worked with the state of NJ and a number of counties in getting their sites setup so they could make changes quickly without having to contact their IT staff. I know many government sites still aren't setup like this but they should still be updated fairly often. One of the reasons NJ went this way was because some guy used an outdated page on the state site to get off a weapons charge in court. The technicality was upheld by the judge who stated if a law changes the posted information on the state website should be updated to reflect the new changes. This was back in the late 90s sometime.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 10:47:41 PM »
I agree with Adrenilin. If you depend on sites other than the specific state site, you could wind up in a heap of trouble boy. I can just see the look on the LEO's face when you tell him you saw on the Internet that you were legal. He will then write you a citation and ask if you believe everything you read on the "Internet", and Laugh as he puts you in a squad car. I see forums all the time(yes,including this one) that have people giving bad info. Might have done it myself. If you have seen my profile info, you will see I reserve the right to be wrong..........sometimes.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 01:42:34 AM »

The usacarry.com map needs to be updated...it says that Virginia honors Delaware reciprocity.

Virginia continues to honor Delaware but Delaware does not honor Virginia. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.