Author Topic: Summer CCW  (Read 8574 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Summer CCW
« on: August 09, 2014, 02:02:10 AM »
How are you handling summer carry? 

Personally I like OWB under untucked shirt.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 11:28:35 AM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: Summer CCW
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 02:28:37 AM »
The majority of the time IWB with an untucked shirt. I have also been know to carry my S&W J-frame in my back pocket from time to time, with a pocket holster of course.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 09:05:40 AM »
M&P Bodyguard 380: IWB or pocket holster depending on occasion( or trousers).
Ruger SR9c: IWB with un-tucked shirt.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 10:56:10 AM »
Glock 19 IWB under an untucked shirt.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 12:46:42 PM »
Glock 42, in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster or a SneakyPete belt pouch, spare magazine in left pocket.

(Edited to add): And a Glock 41, in the center console of my Charger Pursuit, with two spare mags.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:56:34 PM by oldgraygeek »
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 04:55:37 PM »
Funny I was wondering the same thing..
The smallest thing I have at the moment is a Kel-Tek P11 and the other day I was going to carry it with an untucked
shirt with a paddle holster and had to leave it home because you can clearly see it was a handgun :(
I may be saving up for something smaller in 9mm :)
Maybe it will be a Christmas present ! Yeah that's what I'll tell the wife LOL !
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 05:58:11 PM »
The smallest thing I have at the moment is a Kel-Tek P11 and the other day I was going to carry it with an untucked
shirt with a paddle holster and had to leave it home because you can clearly see it was a handgun :(
Maybe it will be a Christmas present ! Yeah that's what I'll tell the wife LOL !

I reccommend  the Springfield XDS9.  The factory paddle holster is great.  
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 06:33:55 PM by Clarence »

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 06:20:52 PM »

I reccomend the Springfield XDS9.  The factory paddle holster is great.  
Sounds good but how does it compare to the Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD 9mm. I hear good things about this handgun and its priced right.
Also the Glock 42 is nice but I don't care for a 380.
I would consider trading in my Kel Tek for something as well to bring the cost down :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 06:25:14 PM by joep19934 »
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 11:24:45 PM »
I go with a Springfield XDs in .45 or 9mm (I have both) IWB with a ginny tee tucked in and a tee shirt out.  The sleeveless undershirt helps to keep my skin from getting red.  The holster is a OWB/IWB model from Firearm Holster ( http://www.firearmholster.com/ ) that has a thin rubber backing covered in fleece that is very comfortable and does not sweat.  The rubber keeps any body moisture from the gun.  I backup with a Kahr P380.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 12:55:40 AM »

I reccomend the Springfield XDS9.  The factory paddle holster is great.  
Sounds good but how does it compare to the Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD 9mm. I hear good things about this handgun and its priced right.
Also the Glock 42 is nice but I don't care for a 380.
I would consider trading in my Kel Tek for something as well to bring the cost down :)

I did consider the S&W but just liked the Springfield better.  I too rejected .380 caliber although wife carries that ( sometimes )

I had originally thought I would carry my Ruger SR40c but between the time I applied and time I received my CCW, I picked up the Springfield and when the license came in began carrying it.  

As far as "printing" when you carry, remember that you are always going to think you are showing because you
subconsciously feel everyone else sees it.

Actually almost no one will notice the bulge or outline at all let alone perceive it to be a gun other than other carriers and maybe cops.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:57:12 AM by Clarence »

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 01:01:09 AM »
Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring - full size 1911 (99% of the time) or compact 1911 (1%) always IWB.

ThePixelated

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 02:28:37 AM »
I started with a Glock 19 IWB, but switched to a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield IWB... Both under an untucked shirt.

lems902

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 03:33:03 AM »
What I am trying to find is the best CCW gear for times when you can't wear a good belt in the summer.  Normally I IWB carry a 9MM Shield with some comfortable cargo shorts and an untucked t-shirt, but I like to jog from time to time and just haven't found a convenient way to carry in athletic shorts - so I (unfortunately, and with much hesitation) go without!

Does anyone have any suggestions for this scenario?  I have looked into belly band type products, but I think that would be way too restrictive and uncomfortable when running.  Maybe I will just start having the wife drive along side me with a firearm!
New Castle County
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
DE/PA/FL CCDW permits

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 07:17:35 PM »
I continue to carry my Walther PPQ 9mm in a Comp-Tac IWB MTAC holster 95% of the time without discomfort or printing. I'm usually in blue jean or casual shorts with a Comp-Tac belt and either tucked or untucked shirt. Rarely do I wear a fully tucked undershirt between me and the holster anymore. If the shirt of the day is more snug to the body I'll grab the PPS also in an MTAC.

I'm finally cycling again along with 5 mile walks and starting to add in some jogging and running as well. It's been many years and I'm truly enjoying it again but I digress. I'll usually wear the PPS for this type of activity. We have an LCP380 and a NNA .22mag for backup/ultra concealment but rarely do we reach for them.

I've tried about a dozen different holsters now and come back to the MTAC every time for concealment. It's the most comfortable IWB holster I've tried and the Walther's are my preferred sidearms. Not saying they are any better then done thing else but neither has ever failed, not once, and both are extremely comfortable to shoot.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 01:34:45 PM »
I carry my 9mm in a Pro-Carry, Deep Comfort IWB, made by the Holster Store in Florida, all year long. With shorts or long pants, I wear a white Hanes tank tee shirt tucked in and a button up shirt un-tucked. over that. Never had a problem. Works well.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun