Author Topic: First time renewal  (Read 13743 times)

MarkB

• Life Member
First time renewal
« on: December 09, 2015, 02:10:14 AM »
The time is here to renew my permit for the first time.  Do I just fill in the form with a photo or is additional info needed?

After reading the instructions (duh) it appears that just the form, photos and $65.00 is all I need to send in (actually, hand deliver on Jan. 4 - 1/2 is a Saturday).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 02:39:49 AM by MarkB »
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

lynch

• Life Member
Re: First time renewal
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 09:06:02 AM »
I read the renewal instructions and it looks like you have it except be sure the pics are less than 6 months old and send a duplicate of the renewal application.
Revised March 2015
Instructions
Renewal Applications for a License to Carry a Concealed Deadly Weapon (Delaware Residents Only)
In order for your renewal application for a license to carry a concealed deadly weapon to be processed, the
following steps must be completed:
Photographs

Include two (2) color passport style photographs of the applicant
Photograph must be taken within the six month period immediately preceding the filing of the  application
Include the statutory filing fee of $65.00.   

Cash, Money Order or Personal Check, made payable to “PROTHONOTARY” will be accepted.
Renewal Applications

Renewal applications may be filed as early as January 2nd of the renewal year. 

You must file the renewal application and a duplicate copy.

You may hand deliver your application to the Prothonotary’s Office, or If all the requirements are met, mail to the Prothonotary’s Office in the County in which you reside.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 11:51:32 AM »
The only thing I would do differently is make 2 copies of everything.  They get an original and a copy.
Ask them to time stamp the 2nd copy and attach your receipt to it.  This will cover you *IF* you do not
get the renewal back by 31 May.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 12:20:22 PM »
The only thing I would do differently is make 2 copies of everything.  They get an original and a copy.
Ask them to time stamp the 2nd copy and attach your receipt to it.  This will cover you *IF* you do not

This is a good tip.  Thanks, Radnor.  This will show that I have applied for the renewal and it is in process in case I need it.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 12:53:29 PM »
Can't believe its going on 3 years already! Well.. minus the 9 flipping months it took to get ours.  ::)

Just downloaded the forum. I'll fill it out for both the wife and I. Print off 3 copies and save our digital copies. I'm sure we'll be at or near a Walmart soon so will pop in and get a couple photos done. I'll write two checks and get everything put together in an envelope. Come the new year I'll simply overnight it Monday the 4th with signature confirmation. It'll be in on the 5th and I will not have to go there in person.

The small additional courier charge I'm perfectly happy with since my last planned visit 3 years ago was the day the place was literally a shooting gallery with dead people.  :(

Nope.. I'll pass it to the courier and hit the range  ;D

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 11:51:39 AM »
The only thing I would do differently is make 2 copies of everything.  They get an original and a copy.
Ask them to time stamp the 2nd copy and attach your receipt to it.  This will cover you *IF* you do not

This is a good tip.  Thanks, Radnor.  This will show that I have applied for the renewal and it is in process in case I need it.

§ 1442 Carrying a concealed deadly weapon; class G felony; class D felony.

A person is guilty of carrying a concealed deadly weapon when the person carries concealed a deadly weapon upon or about the person without a license to do so as provided by § 1441 of this title.

Carrying a concealed deadly weapon is a class G felony, unless the deadly weapon is a firearm, in which case it is a class D felony.

It shall be a defense that the defendant has been issued an otherwise valid license to carry a concealed deadly weapon pursuant to terms of § 1441 of this title, where:

(1) The license has expired,

(2) The person had applied for renewal of said license within the allotted time frame prior to expiration of the license, and

(3) The offense is alleged to have occurred while the application for renewal of said license was pending before the court.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 08:32:28 PM »
Same procedure for me Adrenolin. Any day I can skip a trip to the courthouse is a good day.
New Castle County

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 03:56:46 PM »
Shame that DE does not do like PA does you can take your gun with you,  You just have to check it at the front I would much rather be able to that than mail it and not have proof that my renewal was mailed in the event you have contact with an officer carrying with an expired permit.  Maybe I am just being too cautious but I would rather drive up and turn it in and have someone wait in the car with the gun while I turn my renewal in to have the receipt that you turned it in.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 08:55:41 PM »
I prefer in person with signed receipt because I know I have proof immediately.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 04:24:08 AM »
I have no reason to go up there. Heck, Bear is about as far north as I ever go in this state. Package is picked up at my front door where I have a printed tracking number and its delivered next day with signature confirmation. Overnight deliveries within state very rarely go missing so I have no issues with it.

Checking a firearm at the door or back in the car does zero good when someone starts firing off rounds inside the building. Its unlikely to happen again however it DID happen that very day and time that I'd have been inside the doors 3 years ago. Screw that.. courier can take it and be shot at while I drink my coffee.  ;D

SteveMiller

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 03:45:19 PM »
Getting mine ready also.  Does it need to be notarized this time or do we get to skip that step also?
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 05:36:08 PM »
Needs to be notarized. Submit the origanal and a copy, and two photos.
New Castle County

Model10Todd

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2015, 08:00:31 PM »
Checking a firearm at the door or back in the car does zero good when someone starts firing off rounds inside the building. Its unlikely to happen again however it DID happen that very day and time that I'd have been inside the doors 3 years ago. Screw that.. courier can take it and be shot at while I drink my coffee.  ;D

Agree. When I was going in to the building to drop my wife's application - as I was about to enter the building - I saw two young "gentlemen" entering through the Exit.  They at least made in past the 1st set of doors, I don't know if they made it further.  While going through the security screen I alerted the security person who was screening me.. she pretty much dismissed my concern.  She pointed to another security woman saying that she was watching the exit door - which I wasn't fully convinced she was watching since she was talking to another person.  The checker seemed to focus more on that I only had one key and a wallet to send through the security scanner and nothing else.  I don't even bother wearing a belt in to the building. 
DECCW Permit Holder
FL & PA N/R Permit Holder
NRA Member
DSSA Member
New Castle County

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

demark04

• Delaware APA
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 01:50:31 PM »
Does the NCC Prothonotary Notarize the Renewal Apps?
DE, PA, FL, CCDW
New Castle County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 03:04:50 PM »
She can notarize them for you.
New Castle County