Author Topic: Newest on Virginia  (Read 2910 times)

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Newest on Virginia
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 02:48:19 PM »
(censored) liberals!!!!  Let's just go ahead with confiscation, if we don't get too many complaints, we will be ahead of the game.  If we do. we will take a step or two back and start over later.

You know that's were they are headed.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 08:59:36 AM »
A one party system pretending to fight. What if the State Police can't make it to the gun show? No gun show? I can't believe this is George Washington's Virginia.

Private sellers/traders who want to buy or trade at a show have the flipping FFL dealers there and the reason the private sell/trade parties go there in the first place. To buy and trade through the FFL dealers who charge 20 bucks or so for such services concerning transfers. Do these people think we are idiots and blindly take weapons without transfer from a stranger with full liability? I love my fellow gun owners but I draw the line right there. I love background checks of people and guns in that it keeps me out of jail.

By the way, I hate when politicians hide behind Veterans and our Police. Both are hero's every single day and my thanks for their service. Politicians not so much. Reading that article I spit 10 nails. My first post and it's an angry one.

PS. Vedder holsters are excellent. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 09:04:48 AM by PPScarry »
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

ChrisCar

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 12:07:09 PM »
Could someone clarify why this is a bad bill?  It says the promoter must give state police 30 days notice of the upcoming show and also provide them space at the show.  In return, state police must be available.  But it also says unless a background check is required by law, any party to the transaction can decide whether or not to do the search.  So it's pretty much optional.  Seems to me this was a small price to pay to get reciprocity back.  Am I missing something?

The full bill is here http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?161+ful+SB715

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:14:11 PM by ChrisCar »
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 12:41:02 PM »
Could someone clarify why this is a bad bill?  It says the promoter must give state police 30 days notice of the upcoming show and also provide them space at the show.  In return, state police must be available.  But it also says unless a background check is required by law, any party to the transaction can decide whether or not to do the search.  So it's pretty much optional.  Seems to me this was a small price to pay to get reciprocity back.  Am I missing something?

The full bill is here http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?161+ful+SB715

Thanks

I don't see the problem here.  Looks like a case of horse trading. LE are ALWAYS at gun shows and mostly because they like the selection like everyone else does.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 05:02:55 PM »
The is fine. There is much more positive wording in the bill and I hope Virginia finalizes it this next week.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County