Author Topic: My permit came!  (Read 8055 times)

Sinker

My permit came!
« on: September 10, 2016, 05:38:00 PM »
My CCW permit came in the mail yesterday, almost exactly 4 months after filing (in NCCo). I'm happy. Mrs. Sinker hasn't received hers yet, but filed a month before me.  She's not happy!

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Re: My permit came!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 05:56:45 PM »
My CCW permit came in the mail yesterday, almost exactly 4 months after filing (in NCCo). I'm happy. Mrs. Sinker hasn't received hers yet, but filed a month before me.  She's not happy!

Uh oh if mom ain't happy, no one's happy.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 06:22:37 PM »
Congrats, @Sinker. While Mrs. Sinker waits, have her walk on your support side holding on to your support arm. When her permit comes in, trade places. Carry safe.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 08:52:58 PM »
Welcome and glad you got the CCW in the mail. All is good except for the MRS.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

rainman378

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 08:55:32 PM »
Congrats!!!

Sinker

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 11:49:02 AM »
Thanks!  I carried at the grocery store yesterday afternoon, OWB under an untucked t-shirt.  I felt like I had a huge sign on my back, but I'm sure nobody even noticed. I did quickly realize that if I didn't want to flash my weapon I'd need to stop carrying my wallet in my right hip pocket; a 40-year habit!

Mrs Sinker is going to call the prothonotary's office 1st thing Monday morning.

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 04:26:33 PM »
I did quickly realize that if I didn't want to flash my weapon I'd need to stop carrying my wallet in my right hip pocket...
Whether right or left handed, most guys tend to carry their wallets in the right-rear pocket -- and most pickpockets know this.  Oddly enough, most of the dressier pants have a button on the left-rear pocket.  A button ain't much, but it's another obstacle in the pickpocket's path.

Also, wallets in the back pocket can lead to some folks having a problem with the sciatic nerve, and/or the pelvis.  So, back and/or leg pain can be a result of carrying your wallet in either of the back pockets.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 04:50:48 PM »
I did quickly realize that if I didn't want to flash my weapon I'd need to stop carrying my wallet in my right hip pocket...
Whether right or left handed, most guys tend to carry their wallets in the right-rear pocket -- and most pickpockets know this.  Oddly enough, most of the dressier pants have a button on the left-rear pocket.  A button ain't much, but it's another obstacle in the pickpocket's path.

Also, wallets in the back pocket can lead to some folks having a problem with the sciatic nerve, and/or the pelvis.  So, back and/or leg pain can be a result of carrying your wallet in either of the back pockets.

I carry a very small wallet with just what I need in my front left pocket I started this when I has that exact problem with the sciatic nerve.  Not to mention it keeps your hand away from your firearm if you ever have an interaction with law enforcement and it comes down to where your firearm is and your ID is. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 06:08:50 PM »
Congrats & Safe carry !
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 06:43:02 PM »
Congratulations. I would have applied for mine, but I don't know 5 people that like me. :)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 01:33:41 AM »
Congratulations. I would have applied for mine, but I don't know 5 people that like me. :)

I think you might really need one then!  ;D

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 01:36:07 AM »

lol tell her its fashionable to be late  ;D .. Congrats on yours though!

Wife and I sent ours in together and received both permits together the same day ... 9 months later..  ::)

Sinker

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 01:21:21 PM »
And Mrs Sinker's permit arrived Friday; hers took 5 months, mine was 4 months.  She's been putting off deciding what to carry.  She really loves her Taurus model 82 (38sp, 4" barrel), but it's not easily concealable. 

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2016, 03:32:19 PM »
Both my wife and I really like revolvers however a dependable semi-auto really is the way to go. Her favorite semi-autos would be the Walther PPS and the Walther CCP. The PPS is my favorite for a small, flat subcompact and it feels great to me. She prefers the PPS as well but find the CCP to be very easy to rack which makes it easier for her to use so that's what she's been grabbing for more often. I have to admit, the CCP is the easiest to rack handgun I've found to date. The PPS comes with 6, 7 and 8 round magazines while the CCP comes with an 8 rounder and is a blow-back gas delayed design to help reduce recoil. Both are 9mm.

http://www.waltherarms.com/handguns/