Author Topic: Seeking the assistance of an attorney...  (Read 8779 times)

He123321

Re: Seeking the assistance of an attorney...
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2016, 04:44:01 PM »
LOL... It's for a buddy, and not me. He finally found an attorney on his own, now he is waiting for a call back. I will keep this thread update with the results...
I'm a great individual to meet...

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2016, 07:44:32 PM »
LOL... It's for a buddy, and not me. He finally found an attorney on his own, now he is waiting for a call back. I will keep this thread update with the results...

Don't provide too much information. His lawyer may not appreciate it spread all over the internet.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2016, 01:31:00 PM »

Don't provide too much information. His lawyer may not appreciate it spread all over the internet.

Exactly this.  I know from experience that folks shoot themselves in the foot frequently by providing too much information about their various legal bobbles to folks other than their attorney.  Remember kids, attorney client privilege only covers the communication between you (the client) and your attorney or prospective attorney.  It does not extend to the stuff that you inform people of over the interwebs. 

He123321

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2016, 03:03:33 PM »
Update will only include if he was successful in obtaining the permit, or not! No other info will be shared, I'm old enough to know better. Still, thanks for the replies...
I'm a great individual to meet...

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2016, 05:32:23 PM »
Update will only include if he was successful in obtaining the permit, or not! No other info will be shared, I'm old enough to know better. Still, thanks for the replies...

Based on the time frame, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't told to go pack sand.  The Courts are quite picky about the time requirements in regard to filing.  I know that if I miss a filing deadline, literally by a second, it's no longer accepted (i.e. if I have to have something electronically filed by or before 11:59:59 p.m. on a given date, if it's filed at 12:00 a.m. the next date, it's an untimely filing).  Hopefully he's not paying an attorney as any attorney who would accept his money at this point is just stealing from him since there is no longer any jurisdiction of the court to hear the cause.