Author Topic: Question about Florida Permit  (Read 14506 times)

mrjam2jab

Re: Question about Florida Permit
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 01:45:06 PM »
The florida CCW reciprocy with Delaware is really only intended for Floridians to be able to travel through Delaware its not intended for them to stay .  Delaware gives its residents the opportunity to CCW, its a good process, albeit slow.  Besides if you can't get a Delaware permit, which isn't hard honestly, do we really want that person to carry anyway? 

and expensive...no?  Read somewhere it was about $400? 

If you're asking about Delaware... yes, it can be expensive, once the training requirement is met.
My wife's actual application cost -- News-Journal announcement, fingerprinting, photos, and the application fee itself -- was $224.
Training costs vary, but figure at least $200 more.

Yes...that's what I meant...in DE after paying for everything. 

I never understood the newspaper announcement...what's the point to that?  and according to the statute:

(b) The Prothonotary of the county in which any applicant for a license files the same shall cause notice of every such application to be published once, at least 10 days before the next term of the Superior Court. The publication shall be made in a newspaper of general circulation published in the county. In making such publication it shall be sufficient for the Prothonotary to do the same as a list in alphabetical form stating therein simply the name and residence of each applicant respectively.

It's up to the prothonotary to place the ad...do they leave it up to the applicant to do?
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 02:14:56 PM »
While it's unfortunate that we have to advertise which homes have guns, it supposedly serves as a notice to your neighbors or other persons who can dispute the fact that you should be allowed to carry a concealed deadly weapon.  Assuming, of course, that you didnt get them to fill out your 5 letters! It is the responsibility of the applicant to file and pay for the ad, the pro's office simply makes sure you did that. 

Not a lot in the DE process does make sense, but... I see no way around it at this point in time.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Hank

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 12:17:45 PM »
Hi all.
But just think of the people that have to live and work In other states like MD, NJ, NY, IL, CA and the other no carry states. They have to go out every day, naked as a "J" bird, whatever that Is? Without a weapon!!! So for me, and I only speak for me. The $4-500 I spend on my carry license Is a small cost. I have spent much more, and got much less!!! So when you strap that bullet launcher on this morning and leave your much safer home. You will know that at least you have a fighting chance of making It for another day. Something to think about, and I do, every day. :)
Semper Fi all. Hank.

In God we trust, all others pay cash.

mrjam2jab

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 04:04:54 PM »
Hi all.
But just think of the people that have to live and work In other states like MD, NJ, NY, IL, CA and the other no carry states. They have to go out every day, naked as a "J" bird, whatever that Is? Without a weapon!!! So for me, and I only speak for me. The $4-500 I spend on my carry license Is a small cost. I have spent much more, and got much less!!! So when you strap that bullet launcher on this morning and leave your much safer home. You will know that at least you have a fighting chance of making It for another day. Something to think about, and I do, every day. :)
Semper Fi all. Hank.

In God we trust, all others pay cash.

I get to do the same thing...just across the border here in PA...and it only cost me about $40 for 5 yrs.   ::)
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.