Author Topic: Quote from Piers Morgan-He's starting to get it.  (Read 3363 times)

groundgrid

• Life Member
Quote from Piers Morgan-He's starting to get it.
« on: May 21, 2013, 01:59:27 AM »
Aired During his evening show on May 16:

“I’ve had some of the gun, pro-gun lobbyists on here, saying to me, ‘Well, the reason we need to be armed is because of tyranny from our own government,’ and I’ve always laughed at them. And I’ve always said ‘don’t be so ridiculous, your own government won’t turn itself on you.’ But, actually, when you look at this–this has nothing to do with guns–but actually this is vaguely tyrannical behavior by the American government. I think what the IRS did is bordering on tyrannical behavior, I think what the Department of Justice has done, actually, to the AP, is bordering on tyrannical behavior.”
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

JOET

• Life Member
Re: Quote from Piers Morgan-He's starting to get it.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 02:06:08 AM »
He was okay with taking the 2A away....but....he is not too happy if they take away some of the 1A...maybe they are starting to wake up...!!! ??? ??? ???
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 07:37:23 PM »
That's just it. If they take waway the 2nd Amendment and our guns, what's going to stop them from taking anything else the want?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 01:15:43 AM »
That's enough!  Every one of you are going to get a call from the IRS now!
Proud resident of Kent County DE

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 01:20:36 AM »
Been there, done that. 14 pages of brilliant questions, $3000 of accountant & lawyer time.

Starting to wonder how I got picked.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 01:31:04 AM »
Morgan is an arrogant, hypocritical English pr*ck! His attack rants, when he shouts down those who believe differently them him and calls it an interview, are disgraceful. He is only pretending to notice now because it is his field (if you want to call what he does journalism) that is the target of DOJ.  Is it possible we can watch him walk home......back to England.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 02:55:40 PM »
Someone needs to remind him, that the Second Amendment protects the First, and all the other amendments. As long as Americans have the means to protect their rights, their rights are safe.

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 03:00:42 AM »
The truth is -- he's just like everyone else. Most people don't care about things things that they don't care about.  That may sound stupidly simplistic -- but it's how most of us think.  If you don't smoke or drink, you don't care about an increase in taxes on those products. If you don't use spray paint, you don't care that it may be locked up behind a cage.  If you don't have a lawn, you don't care about mowers and fertilizer.  In order for some folks to pay attention -- they need a dog in the fight. 

But Piers isn't a guy that doesn't care about guns -- he seems somewhat obsessed with his hatred of guns. Piers has done and said a lot of bad things about guns, and at best, this is probably another example of too little, too late.  He may not change direction, but at least he tapped the brakes for a moment of thought.  The truth is that by next week, he'll probably go back to ranting about how God-awful and evil guns are.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."