Author Topic: John Carney Delaware Congressman  (Read 9924 times)

prob

John Carney Delaware Congressman
« on: April 16, 2013, 12:50:03 AM »
I recently contacted Delaware Congressman, John Carney, and urged him to oppose any restrictions to 2nd ammendment. He responded today and reaffirmed his position against our rights and stated that he will fight to take action swiftly.

Here is an excerpt from his letter:
" President Obama and Vice President Biden have put forward a comprehensive plan to reduce violence in the United States by keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals and getting military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines off our streets. The plan would also increase access to mental health services and provide teachers and counselors with the training they need to identify mental illness in young people. None of this will happen without action from Congress.

In the past, many elected officials have been reluctant to support stronger gun laws. I hope that the recent tragedies across America -- from Connecticut to Colorado -- will spur bipartisan passage of common sense proposals like mandatory background checks for gun purchases and a ban on military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines. 

In the meantime, President Obama took 23 executive actions to strengthen the background check system, finalize important regulations regarding mental health, and develop emergency preparedness and response plans for schools across the country. 

I support these actions -- in addition to tough enforcement of existing gun laws. More importantly, I urge my colleagues to act swiftly and thoughtfully to pass legislation that will reduce gun violence and prevent more tragedies like the one at Sandy Hook Elementary School."

I urge fellow Delawareans to remember his position and use our votes to get him removed from office.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: John Carney Delaware Congressman
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 01:42:52 AM »
I sent an email to my Rep, Earl Jaques. Email response: he's away until Sep 7!
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 01:51:27 AM »
Let me know your thoughts.

Political speak for screw you, I'm doing as I please.  Have a great day....
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Etrier

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 02:09:50 AM »
I got the same canned response from Carney from my lastest email.  You would think they would listen to the voters who elected them.  Thankfully their term of office does not last forever.  Will be there to vote against him next election.
Kydex Holster Maker

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 03:17:53 AM »
As Obama goes so will Delaware's congressional delegation with very rare exceptions. You can bet all three will support amnesty as a debate coming up and any restrictions they can get away with on our firearms.

"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 11:21:30 AM »
Just think, Carney was almost our governor.  But with that, I knew Markell was not much different, I have been proven correct.  If Delaware loses to the dems for governor one more time, we will become Calif. east, for good.  We were once a ray of sunshine stuck between NJ and Maryland, now we are melding in with them.  Almost glad I am in the autumn of my life.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 12:39:17 PM »
Just think, Carney was almost our governor.  But with that, I knew Markell was not much different, I have been proven correct.  If Delaware loses to the dems for governor one more time, we will become Calif. east, for good.  We were once a ray of sunshine stuck between NJ and Maryland, now we are melding in with them.  Almost glad I am in the autumn of my life.

And what do you think changed?
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 02:19:40 PM »
Add Carper and Coons to the list.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 03:07:04 PM »
Delaware is a state that cannot survive itself, if it continues in it's current connection. I wish I had never stayed here after the military, but now I'm too old and poor to move elsewhere. Guess I'll have to stand and fight.
Come soon Lord Jesus.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 08:56:24 PM »
Maranatha!
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 11:12:05 PM »
I was fetched up in DE, with exception of my stint in the AF, have lived here all my life.  For the most part it has been enjoyable.  This gang of progressives is destroying the state.  Unfortunatly, most of the legislature is controlled by the "gimmies" in NCC.  Carper used to be moderate, maybe just slightly to the left.  Once he hit Washington, he went extreme on us.  Carney and Coons were always there.  I was really afraid Carney would be the next guv, now I don't see a lot of difference between him and  Markell.  Also too old to move, time to fight.  See you in Dover tomorrow.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 12:40:12 AM »
Carney, Coons and Carper, all 3 have said they will vote to ratify the United Nations Gun Ban Treaty, if passed and sent to the US Congress. This would not only void the 2nd Amendment, but begin the deletion of the US Constitution forever.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 02:42:56 PM »
Currently there are not enough votes in the Senate to pass this. In addition, the Supreme Court has ruled, that any treaty signed by our government is null and void, if it violates the Constitution. Alot more would have to be done to allow this treaty to become law, such as dismantling the Constitution. This is not an immediate threat, BUT be vigiliant, the progressives are on the march!

bigstonebeach

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 11:36:22 PM »
Hey there. I recently sent letters to Carper and Coons that said I was disapppointed that they committed such a treasonous act as to surrender our constitutional rights to those of other countries and that I would do everything legally in my power to turn them out of office. I wonder if a recall should be considered. Any thoughts?
It's not gun violence - It Is ATTITUDE Violence. Keep your gun and mind your attitude. Beez

kathy1

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 11:53:57 PM »
We all have to remember this rhetoric from these politicians and when they come up for re-election, we need to ensure that their terms come to an end. If they can't represent our interests and thoughts, they do not belong in office.