State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

New Tactic Being Used By Anti-Gunners

(1/2) > >>

SturmRugerSR9:
Check out this new anti-gun tactic:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/25/have-you-noticed-the-subtle-trick-the-anti-gunners-have-apparently-started-using/

Hawkeye:
Control the language and you have a better chance to control the debate.

poster formerly know as Silverbullet:

--- Quote from: Hawkeye on November 27, 2013, 01:10:18 AM ---Control the language and you have a better chance to control the debate.

--- End quote ---

Also they like to throw red herrings out there. We talk about the second amendment and some communist, anti-american will say "So everyone should be able to have hand grenades". That really is not a legitimate argument as we are not discussing hand grenades, but weapons in "common use"

SturmRugerSR9:
To me, I carry a pistol for self-defense. I use a shotgun for hunting. Personally I feel no need for military style high volume rifles. But, I feel that if you think you need on, OK. I have been looking at 22lr rifles and may purchase one, but have stayed away from any that look like a military or tactical weapon.  The only varmints I aim to shot with it are likely 4 legged. I am not into the "prepper" thing. When that time comes I hope to be "gone", if you know what that means.

Adrenolin:
It's not a need thing. If you want one you should be able to have one. I bought an AR a couple years ago. Certainly not a need. I wanted to buy one, shoot it some and then decide to keep or sell it. After a few range trips I quickly found why they are so popular. Light, easy to shoot & maintain, high capacity, easy to change out for different calibers, uppers available for lefties and righties, etc. it's a great platform for plinking, hunting, target and home defense. It's one of the leading firearms sold to women for home defense because its light, easy to shoot and 30 rounds should certainly be enough for a perp or two breaking into their homes at night.

I still prefer my Mossberg 590A1 12g w/7 Rounds of Centurion (1)ball slug and (6)pellets & my Walther PPQ 9mm for home defense. The wife however prefers the AR over the shotgun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version