Author Topic: How many Delaware Permits?  (Read 3428 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
How many Delaware Permits?
« on: December 11, 2013, 09:11:58 PM »
Does anybody have information on how many carry permits are out there in Delaware?

Here is county by county info for PA with both raw numbers as well as a percentage of the adult population.  

I would expect that Delaware is much lower percentage due to all the hoops we have to jump through, but I get a feeling that our ranks are growing.

http://forum.pafoa.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=54691&d=1376246102
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: How many Delaware Permits?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 10:59:11 PM »
As far as I know there is no published list or count. And, that's the way it should stay. All one needs to know is that if you have one yourself, along with it comes a lot of responsibility.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 11:12:13 PM »
I get what Strum is saying but I'd still like to see published yearly numbers as well as the number break down per county also.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 11:30:41 PM »
I seem to remember someone finding a number and posting it on the forum a few months ago.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 12:42:51 AM »
There were some released numbers for a 2012 GAO Study which can be found here in its entirety:
http://www.gao.gov/assets/600/592552.pdf

Pages 75 & 76 show permit holder numbers. Delaware holds ~5000 CCDW Permits for ~664,000 population .. 0.8% residents.(2012)

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 01:17:54 PM »
There were some released numbers for a 2012 GAO Study which can be found here in its entirety:
http://www.gao.gov/assets/600/592552.pdf

Pages 75 & 76 show permit holder numbers. Delaware holds ~5000 CCDW Permits for ~664,000 population .. 0.8% residents.(2012)

These numbers include non-resident permits when annotated with footnote b, for example, UT with 19.3%. Also, these are numbers as of 12/31/2011. I recall a previous forum post that DE was at ~9000 permits.  IMO, we are low and need to spread the word.

bThese states issue permits to residents and nonresidents, and the approximate number for these states includes permits issued to both groups. As a result, the ratios of active permit holders to adult population for these states reflect permit holders that do not reside in the state, which may result in a higher percentage.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.