Author Topic: DE CC PERMIT DENIAL???  (Read 2484 times)

DWILPAT

DE CC PERMIT DENIAL???
« on: May 03, 2011, 04:18:42 PM »
I have an embarrising question to ask. I have obtained the ccw permit application from the Prothonotary Office and read through. I am interested in applying, but am wondering if i will be denied because of a bad decision i made over 15 years ago. I got into a scuffle with an ex of the girl i was dating and he obtained a Peace Order against me. It was only a 30 day order and is long over with, but still shows up on my "Case Search" in Maryland. Will this keep me from being approved???

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: DE CC PERMIT DENIAL???
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 07:31:47 PM »
I think none of us know for sure. With it being so far in the past, I would go ahead and apply. If denied, you are just out some time and a bit of money.
Good luck!
New Castle County

glock9

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 10:16:14 PM »
i woul get it exspunged from your record also

colt0208

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 12:58:11 AM »
I have an embarrising question to ask. I have obtained the ccw permit application from the Prothonotary Office and read through. I am interested in applying, but am wondering if i will be denied because of a bad decision i made over 15 years ago. I got into a scuffle with an ex of the girl i was dating and he obtained a Peace Order against me. It was only a 30 day order and is long over with, but still shows up on my "Case Search" in Maryland. Will this keep me from being approved???

Speaking from experience with a similar issue, I spoke one of the investigators. He instructed me to be honest and put it on the app, no matter how old it is. My app went through without a hitch..... good luck...