Author Topic: Question regarding photos  (Read 2308 times)

rusirius

Question regarding photos
« on: May 06, 2011, 12:26:44 PM »
WIth my application I have to file 1.5" by 1.5" passport style photos.  I'm curious if these have to be processed somewhere professionally (well, as professional as Wal-Greens gets anyway) or rather I can just do them at home?  I can easily snap a self-portrait over a white background, size it down to 1.5x1.5 and print it on photo paper, so will that suffice?

Thanks in advance!

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Question regarding photos
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 04:16:39 PM »
I find it's easier to just go get them taken somewhere, but yes, you can do them yourself, but understand there are requirements for how much of your head has to fill the picture, etc for a passport... those same requirements apply to this photo.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 11:52:24 PM »
I've done mine at home for both my original and 1st renewal.

I say, save the money DIY and buy a box of ammo and have fun.  .02
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 12:39:24 AM »
Costco does them for $5.  Worth it to me instead of farting around with it.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident