State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Lets drink and play gun safety... Opps!

(1/2) > >>

Adrenolin:
RE: http://www.gunnews.com/never-demonstrate-gun-safety-drunk/

I really feel bad for the girlfriend and this family. Him.. Not so much. I'm tired of moronic people. If you are such a moron as to pull the trigger of a firearm while holding it to your head.. well then, lights out! Survival of the fittest... let morons become extinct! Harsh? Don't care really.

--- Quote ---INDEPENDENCE, MI—A 36 year-old Michigan man is dead today after shooting himself in the head. The catch was that he’d been attempting to show his girlfriend just how safe his handguns could be, so he pointed one at himself and pulled the trigger.
According to local police, the man had been drinking most of the day on Sunday when his girlfriend came over to see him. A conversation began about gun safety, during which his girlfriend expressed her fear toward gun ownership. Plastered, the man decided the smartest thing to do was give her a first-hand demonstration. He went to his room for a minute, returning with three handguns, and set them on the table in front of him.
At this point, the man began holding each gun up to his head and pulling the trigger, all the time explaining that guns only pose a threat when they are loaded. With three children in the home, his guns were usually kept unloaded.
His mistake was that the third gun, much to his girlfriend’s horror, was not empty. It had a bullet in the chamber.
Police were immediately called to the scene, where they found the girlfriend preforming CPR on the man. However, all attempts to save is life were unsuccessful and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
--- End quote ---

kent:
I feel bad for the family.

Hawkeye:
Gun safety is the actions of the person holding the firearm, not the physical makeup of the weapon itself.

robberbaron:
It is a shame, no doubt, but I strongly believe in Darwinism.

Moosie:
I too am a fan of Darwinism.

Moosie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version