State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Good News for Maryland

(1/2) > >>

Condition 1:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/breaking/bs-md-gun-carry-permits-20120724,0,6205408,full.story

I think this will eventually help reciprocity with DE!

CorBon:

--- Quote from: Condition 1 on July 29, 2012, 03:34:44 PM ---http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/breaking/bs-md-gun-carry-permits-20120724,0,6205408,full.story

I think this will eventually help reciprocity with DE!

--- End quote ---

It's difficult to say.  They have an absolutely ridiculous application, some of which may be revised due to this recent change.  However, a lot of the stuff left could still be problematic for some folks -- because it's still a "may issue" deal in an anti-gun state.  Also, it 's needlessly expensive, given the fingerprints and fingerprint processing fee every time.  All of this adds up to the possibility that the oppressive leaders, er, I mean elected leaders may conclude that the Delaware procedure doesn't meet their standards. 

Hopefully it will all work out good for us.  I do as little business as I can in Maryland, because they don't seem to like my "type".   Maybe this will change that. 

czer:
But seriously, is there any other state as restrictive and expensive as Delaware? That is, that actually issues a carry license (leaving out Maryland,Illinois,new York)?

CorBon:

--- Quote from: czer on July 30, 2012, 02:16:38 AM ---But seriously, is there any other state as restrictive and expensive as Delaware? That is, that actually issues a carry license (leaving out Maryland,Illinois,new York)?

--- End quote ---

In the list of "may issue" states, we fall somewhere in the middle.  Several act like "no issue" states, and some act like "shall issue" -- and some have enough counties and flexibility that they act like both. 

In the past several years, Delaware has seen an increase in the requirements (a training class), some loosening on the references, and an extended period for the actual license.  As flawed as it is, it could be worse.  Although I've never had a problem,  I'd like to see it go "shall issue" -- just like the rest of America.

I would expect most people to have a problem with Maryland, "just because" -- just because they can.  Unless a person has a substantial presence in a non-resident state, appealing it can seem expensive and difficult.  It's an easy way for the State to make a few dollars -- take the application fees, and disapprove it for some nonsense. 

We'll see.  I think that I'll hold off on sending anything in, yet.  But, reciprocity would be awesome.

SturmRugerSR9:
Being born and raised in MD., but a resident of DE. for just under 50 years I wouldn't look for MD. to put a resiprocity bill through with DE. The Govenor of MD, is a Liberal/Progressive and a staunch supporter of Obama and the Left. Even though MD's Eastern Shore is a hunters paradise, he would love to ban all guns. Federal resiprocity bill only chance.
Delaware may not be the cheapest state to get a CCDW, but some people spen more that is necessary.
When I got mine, earlier this year, I spent a total of $321.97

Marino Tactical Solutions training         $135.00 special (reg. $150.00)
box of 100 rounds of 9mm ammo             22.97
Dover Post Permit Ad                               30.00
SBI Finger Print & Background                  69.00
CCDW application and Notary                   65.00
Picture taken with my cell phone                 n/c
                                                           -----------
Total spent                                          $321.97
Wait time in Kent County                       8 Weeks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version