Author Topic: Concealed carry etiquette  (Read 9644 times)

AudiQ

Re: Concealed carry etiquette
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2016, 02:48:58 PM »

[/quote]

Hold on there pardner!

I have several friends that I hold in the highest regard.  I request permission before entering their homes with a firearm. 
[/quote]

I agree with that strategy with friends that I know are of a different mind set regarding firearms. One couple has a son who survived a gunshot wound as a youngster where his friend discovered an improperly secured loaded firearm. Lots of lessons were learned the hard way there. I appreciate their phobia of firearms. But their response has been to please keep my weapon concealed, and I would still visit if I had to disarm, out of respect for them.

I think some discretion should be used when entering another man's castle and not be stuck on my right and license, which may not apply on private property.
Endeavor to persevere

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 04:01:05 PM »
as for right now it being winter, if i have my jacket on and my gun is zipped in my pocket, i'm not going to take my gun in and out of it for every place i go. what if you walk outside their house and someone walks up and tries to rob you, then what..oh wait mr. robber, let me get my gun out of my car.
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

AudiQ

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 05:13:38 PM »
I prefer to be armed. However in the course of my day I am sometimes required to disarm due to the places and buildings my job takes me. In those cases I simply lock my weapon in my car vault or leave it locked in my office if I am going to a restricted area such as DAFB or MD with my vehicle. So, maybe I am less sensitive about disarming myself. I find being vigilant and aware of ones surroundings to be just as important as being armed, maybe more so. I can always be the first two, not true for the third. If someone has the drop on me I may be more inclined to hand over my wallet than try to out draw a loaded weapon pointed at my head. May I never need to find out.
Endeavor to persevere

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 06:19:18 PM »
yeah, same here. i work in prison, so i can't have it on he property. but that so far is the only place i hav'nt gad it. but my wife who had had here's for years tells me of other places. but i ride my bike a lot and go into other states like maryland. but it's been a long time since i've been stopped on my bike, but even if i get pulled over i'm not about to tell a cop i have a gun on me

NRA Member

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2016, 09:19:05 PM »
I'm just a big believer in the concealed-means-concealed philosophy.  There are people who I may have known for twenty years that can't be certain that I have any flesh between my hands and my face -- because they've never seen me in anything other than a long-sleeved shirt.  And many of these same people don't realize that they've never seen me when I wasn't armed. 

These same people can't answer the question of whether or not I wear underwear -- because I tend to wear my underwear under my clothing.  They also wouldn't know if I wear a necklace with a cross or a pentagram on it.  They don't know if I have a license to drive a car, or if I do -- whether I carry it on my person. 

I don't ask permission of every store that I go into, either. 

If I thought that the presence of my firearm would upset the homeowner -- then I would not make the presence of my firearm known to them.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2016, 12:12:33 AM »
i just got a belly band i ordered a week ago. it fits perfect and the can wear it so the gun is either under my right arm or at my right side and it's actually comfortable. But i bought it for when i wear a tee shirt only in the summer, but may use it other times too.

boxer briefs guy, lol

NRA Member

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2016, 04:07:15 AM »

boxer briefs guy, lol
''I need the secure packaging of Jockeys.  My boys need a house."  -- Kramer
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

AudiQ

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2016, 01:58:29 PM »
I thought concealed carry etiquette referred to firearms!
Endeavor to persevere

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2016, 07:41:32 PM »
this is my gun.....lol

NRA Member

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2016, 11:23:42 PM »
I NEVER leave it at home, but I may not take into their house.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

robberbaron

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2017, 11:04:30 PM »
As long as I am not drinking, I'm carrying.