State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

SC Reciprocity please! SC Gov Haley gets a gun for Christmas

(1/1)

Cbmarine:
Hey, Gov Haley, add DE to the miserably small 20 states to whom you offer reciprocity! (Assuming Beau will go along).

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/haley-governor-gun-christmas/2013/12/26/id/543872#ixzz2ocuQvtLl

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley got just what she wanted for Christmas — a nice, new handgun.

The Republican governor, who is a fierce advocate of the Second Amendment, revealed on her Facebook page that one of the gifts under her tree was a Beretta, according to South Carolina's The State.
Haley, who has a concealed gun permit, posted a picture of the weapon on the social media site and said, "Our family had a wonderful Christmas together! I must have been good, Santa gave me a Beretta PX4 Storm." The posting had received 86,000 "likes" by midday on Thursday.

On the official "On the Issues" governor's website, Haley declared that she's a strong advocate for the right to bear arms. "Few things are as clearly defined as the right of individual Americans to own and use firearms," she wrote under the headline, "Make Concealed Weapons Permits Easier."

She added, "I hold a Concealed Weapons Permit myself, and in this state we have issues that make it difficult for CWP holders to carry. As governor, I will continue to fight against any government infringement on the Second Amendment."

Adrenolin:
In the News tomorrow we'll be reading how Santa has been arrested for buying a handgun for someone else....

Radnor:

--- Quote from: Cbmarine on December 26, 2013, 10:37:59 PM ---Hey, Gov Haley, add DE to the miserably small 20 states to whom you offer reciprocity! (Assuming Beau will go along).

--- End quote ---

Dont know that it will happen.  SC "was" on our list for a short time then came off.  SC says must be 21 years of age.  DEL it is 18 or older.
BOTH have a training and live fire requirement.  Looked over the requirements real quick - looks like NRA Basic Pistol would be OK for the training (SC).  NRA Basic Pistol covers 2/3 of our requirements (DE).

http://scstatehouse.gov/code/t23c031.php

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version