Author Topic: Newspaper chain to gather list of CCDW holders.  (Read 6810 times)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Newspaper chain to gather list of CCDW holders.
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 07:25:31 PM »
It's like Moosie said.. It's not worth her time. Delaware has had this screwed up requirement for over a century iirc. Also the Delaware Constitution protects the information of a CCDW permit holder... At this time anyways. This means the State will not give your information out. The application posting is not found online but only in print. This would make it rather difficult for someone to go back and compile a list. At least in Delaware. I've emailed the Governors office and was confirmed that the information is protected and would not be passed out upon request from newspaper or individuals. The only ones with access a LEOs and attorneys working on a relevant case.

Personally I agree.. It should be removed from the requirements as well as the required 5 references. The rest is fine with me.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 08:14:29 PM »
The concern is the motivation behind the publishing effort in the first place.

There are very limited reasons for wanting to out all the CCDW holders

I have to think the worst.  So I am opposed to name publishing and will

resist it with much enthusiasm.

They name names!
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 03:53:50 AM »
I understand where you're coming from, Obleo.  :)

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident