Author Topic: DOJ Letter received Friday!  (Read 16864 times)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: DOJ Letter received Friday!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 12:10:53 PM »
it really does take a while and they don't always call your references, I know mine were neer called.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Rabbit

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 02:30:43 PM »
MONTHS... But I'm Angry now!!!!

(just kidding)

quickdraw

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 03:19:44 AM »
Moosie, reading your previous posts in reference to summertime holsters, I wondered if you had considered a Smartcarry? I carry a G27 comfortably in a pair of shorts and a T-shirt. No printing, easy access and no "weight gain". Hopefully you will recieve your permit before summer is over. Delaware does move slowly!

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2009, 11:30:53 AM »
I actually have had my permit for about a month now... :)  YAY!

@Quickdraw, no.. haven't looked at that option.  It seems like it would be just as bulky as carrying in a traditional style..  I'm working on a few more things.... I'll let you know what I come up with.  For now, I'm either hot, or I'm carrying in my purse (which I totally hate... but its better than nothing). 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

chauncey

IWB holster
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 06:23:23 PM »
try looking at "Cross Breed" IWB holsters. it is the best IWB holster I've found, and works even when it isn't over your "cheek" (I can't reach back that far).

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2009, 08:20:54 PM »
I've nothing but good things about the cross breed holsters but @@@@ their ugly
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

turfmn

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 12:09:25 PM »
Not sure what brand holster you have, but I really like my Highnoon Holster. Here's a link to the model I have.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Closing_Argument/closing_argument.html

It has a steel clip that's strong enough to wear without a belt and it's made so you can tuck in your shirt while wearing it if you want.

YAY!!!  I was told 90 days from the time I turned my paperwork in, and it's going to be that almost to the day.  Just in time for my birthday!!! 

Pretty funny... Saturday I decided to try and put my IWB holster on with the shorts I had on to see how baggy the shirt I'd wear with it had to be to avoid printing.  Well, nevermind.  The shorts (no belt) are a no go if Im carrying anything of size.  Looked like I had a load in my shorts and that I gained 60 lbs!!  @@@@. Now i'll have to find some Mom Mom shorts that will work...   or just go back to my skirt.  LOL 

In all seriousness, the holster I had was a left handed IWB that I used to carry in the small of my back.  I'm wondering if that's where I want to carry or not.  I like the thought of getting a right handed IWB and just carrying there...  but holy crap! there is nothing glamorous about carrying in the summer time for women!!  Any suggestions are welcome.  I'm even considering a pancake holster and just wearing something that will come over the side. 

:)  Moosie