Author Topic: VAF/UPIN #  (Read 2296 times)

ellington

VAF/UPIN #
« on: July 22, 2012, 07:13:07 PM »
So, I just got my VAF UPIN # because I ALWAYS get delayed. What happens now? Do I still bring the same info for purchases? Will the process on the phone be faster? I also have my CCW, so I'm hoping to never have any problems again with delayed purchases.

Thanks in advance.
"Don't pull the thang out unless you plan to bang. Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something." Andre 3000

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: VAF/UPIN #
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 08:30:49 PM »
So, I just got my VAF UPIN # because I ALWAYS get delayed. What happens now? Do I still bring the same info for purchases? Will the process on the phone be faster? I also have my CCW, so I'm hoping to never have any problems again with delayed purchases.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you still bring the same info, plus your UPIN .
No, the phone process will not go faster. The FFL will still call and have your info processed.

The VAF is not a guarantee you will be approved either. Look for "Frequently Asked VAF Questions" about half way through the page on link below.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/appeals/nics-appeals-process/nics-appeal-frequently-asked-questions

ellington

Re: VAF/UPIN #
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 09:34:58 PM »
Thanks!!! Well, hopefully I won't get anymore delays...
"Don't pull the thang out unless you plan to bang. Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something." Andre 3000