Author Topic: How Do You Carry Your Concealed Handgun?  (Read 4844 times)

fdegree

How Do You Carry Your Concealed Handgun?
« on: June 24, 2012, 09:27:44 PM »
I am wondering how/where you carry your handgun?
Why you chose that option as opposed to any other?
Do you modify this when driving?
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: How Do You Carry Your Concealed Handgun?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 04:20:31 AM »
It varies with the gun - compact guns I carry 2 o'clock IWB, semi compact and fullsize I carry 4 o'clock IWB or OWB (concealed). No changes when I am driving, when I put the gun on my belt it stays on.

Bmel17

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 05:25:30 AM »
I usually carry IWB @4 except for when I pocket carry with my LCP

fdegree

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 12:17:45 PM »
When carrying in the 2, 3, or 4 o'clock position...

...how challenging is it to access your gun, when driving your car with the seat belt on?
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 12:58:10 PM »
When carrying in the 2, 3, or 4 o'clock position...

...how challenging is it to access your gun, when driving your car with the seat belt on?

2 is easier to access, make sure you get your seat belt out of the way, that is how I carry my G26.

4 is a bit more challenging since the gun is on your back against the car sear. What I do when carrying 4 o'clock is to shift the holster as much as I can to the 3 o'clock position when I am driving.

Bmel17

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 08:08:54 AM »
In my truck I have a holster mounted on my steering column underneath the steering wheel.  Otherwise I'd have to lean forward and left to access my weapon.  Much easier with the extra holster and much faster if I needed it.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 03:15:21 PM »
When I carry my P-95 its usually in a shoulder rig so access in my truck or car is not really a problem.  When carrying my M&P 9c I always use a OWB concealed and does pose some problems for access in a vehicle.  I like the idea of having a seperate holster in the truck but thats not the best solution when I'm a passenger.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

tz9x21

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 03:31:10 AM »
I originally purchased a Comp Tac IWB appendix holster to carry 2 oclock. Absolutely comfortable when standing or walking around. Much easier to conceal. And then I tried sitting down.............. Now this might work with a Ruger LC9 or the little compact .380's, but it doesn't work with a double column magazine frame such as my XDM 3.8 Compact. Nothing like having a big hunk of firearm jamming into the love handles and the top of your thigh......
So I adjusted the belt clips and now it sits at 3 oclock. It does not get in the way of the seatbelt. I just have to be more conscious of wardrobe selection and it's very comfortable there.
"... so my wife says, don't you have enough guns?" to which I reply, "My dear, there is no such thing as enough guns."

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 02:44:45 PM »
I carry my SR9 in a Pro Carry Deep Comfort IWB (from theholsterstore.com ) at 3 to 4 o'clock depending on trouser loops. SR9 is not a compact like the Sr9C, more of a medium center fire pistol. This works great for me and I carry all the time. In my truck, I have a lockable Gun Vault that is tethered to the seat frame with a 1500lb. cable, that I use when I haver to go into a place like the Post Office or doctors office. Never had a problem with either.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun