Author Topic: Utah Permit  (Read 3182 times)

Newlife503

• Life Member
Utah Permit
« on: September 17, 2013, 03:34:47 AM »
Received my Utah permit today, the interesting thing is they issue them before your background check comes back.  If you fail it they will revoke the permit.  One would think that they would get the background back before they issue it.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Utah Permit
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 12:25:44 PM »
Congrats on another baseball card.  I have my UT.  The FBI rejected my prints because they can...
I received my baseball card with another finger print card along with a letter stating I had X number of days
to return it completed or it would be revoked.  I believe UT has 60 days to process them.  I'm sure they
are getting a ton of paperwork every day.

Wait til you renew it!  ONLINE!!!  Takes a few minutes (about 12 screens).  Upload a JPG and wait.  When I
completed the renewal process it said 4 weeks.  I think I received it in 2.  It is WILL WORTH the $0.75 convenience fee!!
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 06:33:30 PM »
UT is next on my list.  I'm loving the online renewal!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 07:02:27 PM »
Will keep you informed on the next class.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 01:09:13 AM »
Online renewals sound great, I'll get to see first hand in about 5 years. lol
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 07:53:11 PM »
Will keep you informed on the next class.

Thank you!
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

mrjam2jab

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 03:31:42 PM »
Received my Utah permit today, the interesting thing is they issue them before your background check comes back.  If you fail it they will revoke the permit.  One would think that they would get the background back before they issue it.

THey've been doing it this way for years.  My thinking is they feel someone who knows they won't pass the background check isn't gong to apply anyway...
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.