Author Topic: Vehical carry  (Read 3087 times)

rchmol5

Vehical carry
« on: October 24, 2013, 07:18:20 PM »
I was thinking, I do have a permit but would it be ok to have a backup
In the consol? I guess my question is is thier a limit to how many
Firearms u can carry?

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Vehical carry
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 07:36:10 PM »
No legal limit but I wouldn't go overboard. Personally I think more then 2 on yourself is getting hard to explain rationally to a LEO or court. I don't see anything wrong with a main carry, a backup pocket/ankle and then either a holster (for your main) or dedicated vehicle firearm. Secure storage is paramount if its dedicated as a car/truck gun that stays there.

I'm tossed. A dedicated firearm in the vehicle is nice in theory however access wouldn't be that fast. I have yet to find anything that works both quickly AND securely from the drivers seat. I dislike the idea of a holster under the column, side of center console, door pocket, etc simply because it means drawing your firearm whenever you enter and depart the vehicle.

I have a lockbox safe in the back if I need to store our firearms for any reason but my carry stays on my body. It's location allows for a draw even when the seatbelt is on.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 07:39:02 PM by Adrenolin »

fdegree

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 08:23:32 PM »
So, what seems to be the best location to carry, on the body, for easy access, and draw, when seated with a seat belt fastened?

This has been an area of concern for me, and I have frequently thought about fastening a holster, in a strategic location, for my carry gun to allow for easy access when driving.
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 09:33:16 PM »
When in my everyday truck I carry on body with an MTAC IWB holster at about 3:15. When belt is on I tuck my shirt between the firearm and my body. This allows me to draw even without twisting.

My classics I've been thinking about a console holster. The cars draw much more attention and I've already had 2 incidents where I believe I was being approached. First I simply drove off causing the guy to move or be run over and the second a cop happened to turn the corner towards us.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 11:27:27 PM »
My favorite holster while seated is a tactical thight holster shifted to the front of my thigh..   Oh, wait..  we're talking concealed. 

In vehicle, like Adrenoline, I tuck my shirt between the firearm and my body. If Im going to be in the car a while, I'll wear my OWB. If not, then it's IWB. i can get to either with not a lot of hassle. 

I do NOT leave a firearm in the vehicle longer than I have to. I would not recommend leaving one in the vehicle overnight. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

JayClark79

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 02:13:38 PM »
isnt it against the law to leave a firearm in a vehicle unattended that is not in a "lockable" container?

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »
illegal ? no.  Not so bright? absolutely. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

fdegree

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 05:35:44 PM »
Does anyone have any idea as to where this confusion might be coming from?
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-