Author Topic: Received Florida CCW today  (Read 2570 times)

Steveo

Received Florida CCW today
« on: February 19, 2016, 10:52:09 PM »
When I took my class for DE it also allowed me to qualify for my Florida CCW without taking any other course. Now I am good in 34 states and my PA should come in this week. This will be a nice piece of mind when traveling as long as I stay out of NJ, Ny, MD and VA >:(

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Received Florida CCW today
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 12:34:54 AM »
Your Delaware is still good in Virginia.  They supposedly worked out an agreement to keep the reciprocity.  
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 03:17:15 AM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 02:58:19 AM »
Your Delaware is still good in Virginia.  They supposedly worked out an agreement to keep the reprocity.  
The Virginia State Patrol website still says that on 3/1/2016 the reciprocity with the 26 states is being removed.  The UT non-resident permit is remaining on the reciprocity list.

However, thanks to HuffPo (arrgh),
"HB1163/SB610 would force the Attorney General to recognize the concealed carry permits of all 49 other states, regardless of their standards..."

HB1163 is in front of the VA Senate as of 2/19.  Assuming Senate approval and the Gov's signature, all is well; but Governor is not known for being pro-2A.  Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 03:25:44 AM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 02:41:20 AM »
Well, the governor did sign the legislation.

So the VA State Patrol website says that the current reciprocities stay in place until July, then:

EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2016

The holder of a valid concealed handgun or concealed weapon permit or license issued by another state may carry a concealed handgun in Virginia provided:

• the holder of such permit or license  is at least 21 years of age; and
  • the permit or license holder carries a photo identification issued by a government agency of any state or by the U.S. Department of Defense or U.S. Department of State; and
  • the holder displays the permit or license and such identification upon demand by a law-enforcement officer; and
  • the permit or license holder has not previously had a Virginia concealed handgun permit revoked.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.