Author Topic: Check cashed March 12th still no permit...  (Read 4648 times)

vied54

Check cashed March 12th still no permit...
« on: July 29, 2013, 06:25:37 PM »
I submitted all paperwork along with certificate from class. Never received any phone calls nor have my references. I have emailed Dale.broome@stae.de.us and she has yet to return any of my emails. I'm going to assume there is not anyone else i can talk to about the status other than her. Its just even more frustrating when people are getting their permits at such random intervals of time. Thanks for reading the rant!

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Check cashed March 12th still no permit...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 06:53:57 PM »
You are at about ~18 weeks. Should be any day. I received mine both times at 17 weeks. Sharon Agnew is another one of the prothonotaries in that office. Why not call directly? I have two numbers for the office, (302) 255-0700, and 0690.
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 07:23:21 PM »
Agree with picking up the phone and calling. When you want to know something like this, a phone call is the only way to go.

Wife and I submitted in Feb in NCC and still haven't received ours. Gets here when it gets here...

demark04

• Delaware APA
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 07:25:44 PM »
I am the last to pick about spelling but you may want to make sure you emailed Dale at the correct email address.  I notice you have stae.de.us, instead of state.   May just be a typo on here but check just to make sure.
DE, PA, FL, CCDW
New Castle County

vied54

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 08:52:26 PM »
Thank you yes its just a typo on here. I have  called 3 times and a message twice. No return phone call. And i was sure to state my name DOB phone number a couple of times. I am probably just being impatient but 18 weeks is a long time ha ha. Thanks for the replies.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 09:21:26 PM »
When I
We applied in Feb I told my wife we might see them by summers end.  ::) it's getting there...

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 11:13:06 PM »
When emailing Dale Broome, was your email subject "CCDW Inquiry"?  I think that she runs an email filter that throws other topics into the trash folder.  Are you in NCC?
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

vied54

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 11:54:20 AM »
Yepp had the correct subject line. Il just remain patient for another week and see how that goes. I know im not the only one waiting by the mailbox every afternoon.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 01:25:46 AM »
Guys, just hang in there eventually the magic letter with the little plastic coated card arrives.
Then you can post "got mine" and all the others waiting will be jealous.
NC guys will wait the longest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

TechGeek

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 01:23:11 PM »
Guys, just hang in there eventually the magic letter with the little plastic coated card arrives.
Then you can post "got mine" and all the others waiting will be jealous.
NC guys will wait the longest.

seniorgeek-

Thanks for your optimism, seems as though KC is taking as long as NCC now.  I know bulldog and myself are both on week 14 which seems ridiculous when you think about it for KC.  I never would have thought it was going to take this long when first submitting my paperwork.  I really was thinking 6-8 weeks according to what everyone was posting.  Plus the other frustrating part is the out of order proceesing, loumen submitted his May 15 and already received his....sucks big time!

Ok vent over, thanks for listening:)
Kent County

Bulldog021

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 06:05:24 PM »
I agree it is confusing why they process out of order. The package is time stamped and this should be your place in line. I still think the silence is the worst since we have no clue what if anything is causing the delay.
Kent County
USMC Vet.
NRA Member
Sig Sauer MK 25
Colt M45A1
Glock 19
Sig MPX
Beretta M9A3
DE CCDW
PA LTCF

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 07:25:35 PM »
You guy down south have to remember your apps still have to come up here to NCC and be sent back. It might get processed a lot faster in the beginning stages there but once it comes up here to the investigators you get dumped into the same pot as we are.

We've been waiting since Feb. It'll get here when it gets here. I check the mailbox every other day or so. It'll be nice when it arrives but at the same time more frustrating dwelling on it day in day out. Chill out, kick back with family/friends, open a beer, bottle of wine or mix a drink and watch a movie, go for a hike, shop, workout, etc. Forget about it for awhile and actually be surprised when it arrives! :)

Have fun, relax and stay safe!

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 10:57:51 PM »
I agree it is confusing why they process out of order. The package is time stamped and this should be your place in line. I still think the silence is the worst since we have no clue what if anything is causing the delay.

Depends on the business process.  If everyone had the same background, ideal references and equally weighted connections, and each resource turned over work at the same rate, the permit apps would move through the system in lockstep.  But everyone is different and apps are handled by different people with varying capabilities and schedules.  If your app hits an exception, i.e., unknown or imperfect reference, or your investigator takes vacation, or the judge signs apps once a week, or the AG does whatever, then processing times will vary.  An old poot with multiple background investigations will probably overtake a young whippersnapper with no background info unless the young guy gets a green light schedule. Or then again, a big hand may come out of a cloud, point a finger at you and say "something about you just pisses me off"!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 11:04:26 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.