General Gun Discussion > Rifles and Shotguns

A shotgun for home defence

(1/4) > >>

gun nut:
I feel if you are walking around the house looking for that noise then no the shotgun would not be my choice. Because the muzzle will enter the room before you do. In this case I feel a handgun is the best idea.
But  protecting the wife and kids in one room during a break in nothing says get out like a pump shotgun being cycled with single 0 buck shot in it.

Its just a thought what do you all think???

Sigarms12:
How about one of the revolvers that shoot shot insteade of bulets

GunEnvy:
not a more distinctive sound that the pump gun being cycled, nothing says I need new shorts better. It would be interesting to find out how much drywall buck shot will go through. With the way houses are made now figure if you miss the intruder with your handgun you could very likely kill whomever is sleeping behind that wall or the next few walls. And it may not be a bad idea for a barrel to enter the room before you if the guy is armed with a kitchen knife. And at 0 dark thirty it would be hard to put one round on somebody. But where do you store a loaded shotgun with kids in the house? My Mossy 500 won't fit in my little finger safe next to the bed. I really like the idea of those new Taurus judges with buck shot and a fixed light/ laser combo.

1858remington:
Hey Gun Nut....

I had Patriot Arms of Delaware order me the IAC 87W Lever action shotty.  Hopefully it will be in this week. I will have to stop by your place and show it to you.

Moosie:
here ya go...   this is the shotgun everyone should have... home defense or not!

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1202105406/The_AA-12_is_the_Most_Deadly_Shotgun_on_Earth

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version