Author Topic: Mayor Nutter  (Read 2685 times)

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Mayor Nutter
« on: October 10, 2011, 09:58:20 PM »
Mayor Nutter trying to close the 'Florida Loophole'. Read this on twitter. 1st comment in each paragraph is from the mayor.

I respect the 2nd, close FL Loophole, stop illegal weapons on our streets. Law abiding citizens are NOT the problem, criminals are.RT @KeithFromPhilly: @Michael_Nutter thinking of voting for @voteforkaren. It mostly depends on your stances on gun permits and the 2nd. This city isn't safe

Some criminals HAVE gotten the FL license.RT @FishtownLawyer: @Michael_Nutter FL license not a Loophole; PPD denies permits even to law abiding citizens. Criminals don't care to get even FL license.

To many illegal guns in this city, period, legal guns stolen/sold to criminals and they shot/kill people!RT @KeithFromPhilly: @Michael_Nutter (con't) Getting a PA LTCF is becoming more difficult even for law abiding citizens in this city & being revoked too easily.

I get that, but some are getting FL permit who legally can't get one here - that's the problem.RT @KeithFromPhilly: @Michael_Nutter thank for an answer. However, I find nothing wrong with a Florida or Arizona permit as long as you're a law abiding citizen

Be glad to check that, not so sure about "strictness".RT @KeithFromPhilly: @Michael_Nutter @FishtownLawyer Florida, Utah & Arizona requirements are more strict than PA, i.e training certification.
New Castle County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Mayor Nutter
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 01:31:22 AM »
My son, an Iraq War combat vet, just hit day 45 in his wait for his "Philly" LTCF.

According to posts on pafoa.org, he will eventually need to go down there and tell them that their time is up, and that they are required to issue the permit. He doesn't want to, and he shouldn't need to, but they'll keep him waiting forever despite PA law because they're [deleted because I lack the vocabulary to express my feelings about Mayor Nutter and his anti-gun lawbreakers without words that would make Howard Stern cringe].

"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

ellington

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 12:18:08 AM »
Why didn't he just go to a different city? He shouldn't have to, but why worry with the hassle?
"Don't pull the thang out unless you plan to bang. Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something." Andre 3000

Siludni

• Old-school citizen, Navy Vet, NRA Life, DSSA
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 03:56:39 PM »
If I understand correctly, a PA resident must apply in his/her county of residence. They do not enjoy the same freedom to choose
another city/county as we non-Residents.
                       Regards!
"How strange is youth! You are not ashamed to be a fool, but are ashamed to admit having been one, when admitting it will make you a wise man again!"
                                                                                        Daniel Defoe

mrjam2jab

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 04:05:38 AM »
If I understand correctly, a PA resident must apply in his/her county of residence. They do not enjoy the same freedom to choose
another city/county as we non-Residents.
                       Regards!

That is correct. 
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.