General > Delaware Concealed Carry Information

Questions for a New Applicant

(1/3) > >>

Bullitt:
Hi Everyone, few questions below as I prepare to submit my CCW application. Thanks for your help.

1) When I have my fingerprints taken and a background investigation initiated, must I wait for approval before submitting the application or can I submit my receipt with the application and provide it to the Prothonotary's office that day?

2) Should I submit my original CCW firearms safety course certificate with my application or make 2 copies and submit them instead?

3) The application must be notarized then a copy made of that. I know the Prothonotary's office notarizes things but I imagine they won't make a copy of it for me. I assume it's easier to have it notarized at somewhere like a UPS store then a copy made there?

Thanks again.

Radnor:
Who did your class?

I told my students they can go from Troop 2 to the prothanary's office.  Once you get printed you MUST file within 45 days or you will have to be printed again (for additional fee).

Get ALL of your original documents together (app, references, ad, receipt for finger printing, and course completion certificate).  Then make 2 copies of EVERYTHING.  You will submit 1 ORIGINAL and 1 copy.  2nd copy is for YOUR records in case they "misplace" something.  Also, sure you were NOT told, write your name on the back of your photos.....

Get the app notarized, then do the step above.

Radnor:

--- Quote from: Bullitt on June 28, 2020, 07:25:46 PM ---
3) The application must be notarized then a copy made of that. I know the Prothonotary's office notarizes things but I imagine they won't make a copy of it for me. I assume it's easier to have it notarized at somewhere like a UPS store then a copy made there?

--- End quote ---

I'll notarize it.  You're in NCC.  Do you have your photos already?  I print them too.
Class I just had, invited a notary there.  He took care of my students before we finished for the day.

Radnor:
I'll ask again, who did you take the course from?

If you don't want to list it here, PM me.

Bullitt:
Hi Radnor, thanks for the quick reply and offering your help. I was able to sort it out and submit the application. I took my class with Delmarva Defense.

Have you heard how long NCC is currently taking to process applications?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version