Author Topic: Guns & Marijuana  (Read 12643 times)

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Guns & Marijuana
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 09:43:37 PM »
The only way to have the consequences is if there is a law to break, that is where the need for the laws.

??  Laws are made to keep law abiding folks following laws... those are the only people laws apply to!  Criminals, or people who decide not to follow the laws, don't care what the consequences are.  Not to mention, this is the same argument over gun control.  Oh, we'll just make it illegal for the everyday joe to have a gun... the consequences are ______.  Fill in the blank with whatever harsh punishment you'd like.  Guess what, the consequences will keep the everyday - law abiding - joe from having a gun, but bubba who doesn't follow the law and doesnt care what the consequences are is going to have a gun and use it!!!! 

Sorry, Condition 1, but I just don't agree.  No harm, no foul. 

Moosie
+1

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 10:37:58 PM »
The only way to have the consequences is if there is a law to break, that is where the need for the laws.

??  Laws are made to keep law abiding folks following laws... those are the only people laws apply to!  Criminals, or people who decide not to follow the laws, don't care what the consequences are.  Not to mention, this is the same argument over gun control.  Oh, we'll just make it illegal for the everyday joe to have a gun... the consequences are ______.  Fill in the blank with whatever harsh punishment you'd like.  Guess what, the consequencees will keep the everyday - law abiding - joe from having a gun, but bubba who doesn't follow the law and doesnt care what the consequences are is going to have a gun and use it!!!!  

Sorry, Condition 1, but I just don't agree.  No harm, no foul.  

Moosie

Moosie, criminals don't follow laws and we both agree right? Now, if a criminal gets caught violating a law - i.e. rape, robbery, child support, driving under the influence... and there are laws to punish such offenses, the criminal will be punished, but what if no law existed?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 10:56:22 PM by Condition 1 »

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 02:24:33 PM »

??  Laws are made to keep law abiding folks following laws... those are the only people laws apply to!  Criminals, or people who decide not to follow the laws, don't care what the consequences are.  Not to mention, this is the same argument over gun control.  Oh, we'll just make it illegal for the everyday joe to have a gun... the consequences are ______.  Fill in the blank with whatever harsh punishment you'd like.  Guess what, the consequencees will keep the everyday - law abiding - joe from having a gun, but bubba who doesn't follow the law and doesnt care what the consequences are is going to have a gun and use it!!!!  

Sorry, Condition 1, but I just don't agree.  No harm, no foul.  

Moosie

Moosie, criminals don't follow laws and we both agree right? Now, if a criminal gets caught violating a law - i.e. rape, robbery, child support, driving under the influence... and there are laws to punish such offenses, the criminal will be punished, but what if no law existed?

Agreed, criminals don't follow laws.   

Moosie.
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 09:26:45 PM »
Criminals were at some point in their past law abiding citizen, who became criminals by breaking laws. If there were no laws, there would be no criminals, no punishment to those causing harmful, irresponsible, actions to others.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 09:30:06 PM by Condition 1 »

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 01:30:31 AM »
As I said before, I don't have a problem with people who have a prescription for pot and a gun permit.  In CA, I believe that the person with the prescription must go to a legal "lounge" to smoke their pot.  They could always have a no guns rule inside their establishment. 

If they're going to create more rules, they should make it a crime to be brilliant!!! 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 01:37:10 AM »
moosie.. If that was the case some of our law makers would be arrested  :D

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 04:47:54 AM »
There are rules for people being brilliant - DUI for example. I also have no problems with people having prescription for marijuana and having the right to carry firearm, drinking and having the right to carry a firearm - as long as they are not carrying the firearm under the influence, in which case I am in favor for rules making a crime for the ones who choose to do so.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 10:31:05 AM »
Thats ok, muleman.  It would catch some of the other brilliant people in the process LOL. 

Condition1, you've made your point 19 times. 

Moosie

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 01:13:02 PM »

[...]
Condition1, you've made your point 19 times. 

Moosie

??? I thought we were having a discussion...

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 09:40:04 PM »
But you continue to make the same point over and over again, which in my opinion, isn't a discussion, it's irritating.  It's just you reiterating what you've said over and over again.  Like I said several posts ago, we'll agree to disagree, no harm no foul.  I'm not trying to change your point of view and I'm not changing mine. 

Moosie

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 10:05:58 PM »
But you continue to make the same point over and over again, which in my opinion, isn't a discussion, it's irritating.  It's just you reiterating what you've said over and over again.  Like I said several posts ago, we'll agree to disagree, no harm no foul.  I'm not trying to change your point of view and I'm not changing mine. 

Moosie

That is fair enough. The reason I was making my point over and over was because you were arguing against with the same argument over and over...I am sure we will not change each others opinion, I agree to disagree, no harm no faul!