Author Topic: DE-MD reciprocity bill....a dream?  (Read 10898 times)

trevor

DE-MD reciprocity bill....a dream?
« on: January 03, 2010, 01:30:04 PM »
Saw this over at the PAFOA board, won't hold my breath. I stopped shopping in the Elkton Walmart once I got my CCDW; if this passed, I'd go back. :)

Maryland HOUSE BILL 52
A LICENSE ISSUED BY DELAWARE, PENNSYLVANIA, OR VIRGINIA TO AN 3 INDIVIDUAL TO CARRY A REGULATED FIREARM, INCLUDING A CONCEALED 4 REGULATED FIREARM, IS VALID IN THIS STATE. 5
SECTION 2. AND BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That this Act shall take effect 6 October 1, 2010. 7

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-carry-145/83570-wow-pa-de-va-licenses-permits-could-valid-md.html

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
Re: DE-MD reciprocity bill....a dream?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 02:11:42 PM »
That would be awesome, but I'm sure they'll hold Mike Smigiel up to be some kind of radical, given how difficult it is even for Maryland residents to get a permit.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Grebnehtor

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 02:40:05 PM »
Write a note to michael.smigiel@house.state.md.us showing your support.  It only takes a second and they need all the written or typed help they can get.  Here was mine:

Honorable Mr. Smigiel,

As a Delaware resident who lives only minutes from the border, a law allowing Delaware concealed carry permits to be valid in Maryland would be a God send, if not grossly over due.  Understanding the uphill you have in Maryland with any Pro-Gun legislation, I wish you the best of luck and commend you for your efforts to make Maryland a safer place.  You have one hundred percent of my support and I will do my best to spread the word about this legislation.

Sincerely,
XXXXX XXXXX
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 02:41:41 PM by Grebnehtor »

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 03:54:21 PM »
Sent mine as well. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident