Author Topic: Anyone familiar with TISAS?  (Read 9059 times)

Obleo

• Life Member
Anyone familiar with TISAS?
« on: February 15, 2014, 04:39:40 PM »
 I found this gun interesting and price is $400.   

TISAS Classic 1911-A1 9MM 5"
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Anyone familiar with TISAS?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 07:32:41 PM »
Made in Turkey is the only info I found.
New Castle County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 11:28:24 PM »
As if I had to type this..    ;D   Best person to ask is Chris at Federal Firearms.

However, there is a review I found that might be of some help...  http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=407870

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 03:48:56 AM »
Don't own one but have fired 2 different models. 2 mags through one and about 100 rounds through another (the owner was very kind). No feeding or ejecting issues and they both went bang every time. Both had very tight slide to lower rail slides. The finish isn't 100% but its not bad either. Both were accurate iirc but think I was only shooting at 15' or so. You can't go wrong with one for only $400 bucks. It's a sturdy handgun and I don't think you'd be disappointing as long as you know its not an $800 or more firearm.

Thought about buying one 'for the price' but we had been looking at the Ruger SR1911 for sometime. A visit over to see Chris last Dec resulted in a SR1911 CMD coming home with me and have to say I do like it better then the Tisas. I've now put 750 rounds of .45acp through it without any issues. Wife simply loves it! Thanks for 'holding it' for us Chris. :)

Again, for only $400 bucks it is almost a steel really as from what I've seen for myself and others online its a reliable firearm. It simply doesn't have the 'upgrades' the more expensive 1911s have.

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 11:44:18 AM »
Tisas turkish made gun...Turks building decent gun.....It will be a starting point for you as most people begin upgrading sights etc.....
If you are into upgrading your own that's ok...by the time your are done expect to spend a few hundred more that the starting point...

If you are looking for a started i would point you towards a RIA....they seem to do well for that price point....If you want something reasonable and a little more dressed up look into the american classic line....

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 01:05:26 PM »
Mmm I might have to pickup that American Classic AMC to go along with my 72 AMC Ambassador SST :) Hope to bring it down to Delaware in the spring. Older pic, newer wheels, tires, lower rear, new custom upholstery, etc. Hopefully a fun road trip.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 03:09:02 PM »
Wow! Haven't seen an Ambassador in 35 years, and I've never seen a nicer one! Sweet.
Was the SST a sporting upgrade?
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 05:22:12 PM »
Oddly.. AMC didn't designate it anything. Some meant a sports package while on the Ambassador it was the loaded top of the line car. Originally had a 304 V8 but it now has a 360 in it. Passed on a 390 but I'd love to find a 401 :)

This was one of about 800 made and aside from a rusted out barn find in PA its the only one we have found still on the road in the US and Canada.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 12:58:08 AM »
Interesting that there is actually someone that would actually own one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 01:22:49 AM »
I miss a few of the Gremlins I drove deliveries in, back in the '70s and '80s.
I wish I had a clean Pacer... preferably with a manual transmission.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 06:38:05 AM »
An old brown Pacer was up for sale last year with 11 miles. Original owner had purchased it, driven it home, parked it in thier barn and it hadn't been turned over since. Don't remember the sale figure but a teenager could have afforded it iirc.

Edit.. Here is a story link complete with 44 years of dust :) It didn't sell on eBay and was sold privately later.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 06:42:12 AM by Adrenolin »

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 02:17:12 PM »
Since we've turned this into an AMC thread, I wouldn't mind owning a Javelin or AMX either!
New Castle County

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 01:25:21 AM »
I owned a '69 AMX  390cu in 4 speed for about 4 years before I sold it as our family had some expansion and it didn't serve us then.
I should have kept it. It is the ONLY AMC product I would ever own.

Pacer and Gremlin? You got to be kidding!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 01:57:13 AM »
Pacer and Gremlin? You got to be kidding!

They weren't great, but they were interesting cars. An early (pre-smog) Gremlin with a straight-six and a 3-speed stick was a real holeshot car: floor it, drop the clutch, and you were a block away before the guy next to you could even get his foot off the brake.
The Pacer was too heavy, but it was cool looking and could be had with a 304 and a stick shift.

There were many other cars I didn't appreciate at the time -- I was driving a Saab 96 V4 -- but now I've learned to love quirky old iron.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon