General Gun Discussion > Training Classes

Action pistol - questions....

<< < (2/4) > >>

Radnor:
Here is a PDF of the COF last night.  The photo is from COF #3.  Behind the door is a BG (you can see the ones on either side of the door
(left close & right 5yds back)

A fun night.

COF 3  Walking towards the 2 guys on left. 3 shots each.  Go around cone on left.   Get into room shut the door.
Shoot target just outside the door 5X through door.  Open door see target on right 3X. Step out see target on left 3X.
Go in front of right cone and back up to rear cone.  Give the target on right some love 3X chest & 1 head.

topper:
I've been to several. They are always fun. I hope to go again soon.

Radnor:
Most COF require a box or less of ammo.  Last night was an exception.  We shot the FBI qualifier which requires 60 rounds.
Shot it in 5 stages.  Distance varied from 5 yds to 23 yds..  I'll have to get from John the list describing the stages.

Time limits ranged from 3 seconds to 15.    Stage 1 was one handed shooting.  The others you could use 2 hands.

Stage 1 was @ 5yds.
3 seconds to sweep cover garment away, draw, and fire 3 rds in 3 seconds. Strong hand.  Had to do it 2X.
Then in 6 seconds, sweep, draw, 3rds strong hand switch to weak hand a 3 more rds.

There was a sweep, draw, 4rds, reload 4rds in 8 seconds.

It was a fun night.

Radnor:
Sorry, but I've been a little lax in telling you guys/gals about the different COF we had.

This one was H2H.  This photo shows right shooter only.  On the LEFT cardboard
plates numbered 1,3,5,A,C, & E.  Right cardboard 2,4,6,B,D, & F.  Just before shooting
someone assigned numbers or letters.  Left cardboard shot from left side of barricade.
This shooter was on the right cardboard.  MUST keep MOST of the body behind cover.

Then reload and shoot in reverse order.

Radnor:
2nd COF 4 BGs come out of store and start shooting.  Only cover is a parking bumper.

Shoot 1st 2 BGs 3X each Reload. Repeat for last 2 BGs.  Shot @ 23yds.

With (myself included) the VW sticks out over the parking bumpers.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version