Author Topic: Neither denied or approved, Judges discretion  (Read 9803 times)

DefendUSA

Neither denied or approved, Judges discretion
« on: October 22, 2010, 04:25:55 PM »
I talked to the Prothonotary's office today. She informed me that she had my application in front of her and she was sending it to the Judge to sign. She told me that it wasn't reccommeded to be approved or denied and that it said at the Judge's discretion. She told me to call back on Tuesday and she should have an answer for me. My question is...Is it a bad sign when its at the Judge's discretion and not reccommended or denied by the investigator? What do you guys think? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Neither denied or approved, Judges discretion
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 06:54:18 PM »
Dont worry.  Normal.  You're almost there.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 12:01:36 AM »
No one is going to stick their neck out (regardless of the amount of investigation) and say, SURE!!!! Give this guy the right to carry a loaded weapon...    SO, they basically say they find no reason to deny you which tells the judge everything checked out.  If no one peed in his cheerios that morning, you should be golden.  I've also heard that unless the judge has a solid reason to deny you that they cant.  Again, just something I heard.  I'd like to think it was true.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

czer

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 11:29:04 PM »
Yep. They use "not recommeded or approved" phrases to cover their rearward external regions. Just jargon for "Go forth and carry, my son."