Author Topic: NPS in Philly  (Read 1983 times)

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
NPS in Philly
« on: October 11, 2015, 10:44:47 PM »
Anyone having any expecting CC-ing at any of the NPS areas on Independence Mall in Philly?  I know that this should be permissible , but I also know that they have security checkpoints at places like the Liberty Bell.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: NPS in Philly
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 11:56:27 PM »
You may not carry in a federal building.  The grounds would go by Pennsylvania law: in Philadelphia you must have a license to carry open or concealed.  Of course outside of Philadelphia you may open carry without a licence.  You must have a license to carry in a vehicle. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
Re: NPS in Philly
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 02:22:16 AM »
I guess the more direct question is about the areas that are considered to be Federal Parks (NPS), which includes the stuff on Independence Mall.  What I am looking for is anyone with experience of being searched at the entrance of one of these places while carrying, and how that went.

The NPS website does not directly state ALL park buildings, as it states "certain park facilities and buildings."

Firearms in National Parks
The law governing possession of firearms inside a national park changed on February 22, 2010.

Visitors may possess firearms within a national park unit provided they comply with federal, state, and local laws.

The role of the responsible gun owner is to know and obey the federal, state, and local laws appropriate to the park they are visiting.

Please remember that federal law prohibits firearms in certain park facilities and buildings. These places are marked with signs at public entrances.

For more information
Please visit
www.nps.gov/nero/firearms/

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 02:34:45 AM by CorBon »
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."